Best gaming headset under £100?

Hey, guys, I'm looking for a gaming headset under 100 British pounds. I would like comfort to be the biggest priority for long gaming sessions and if possible they would be wireless.

Best

Open back or noise-isolated?

3 minutes ago, PrometheanCat2 said:

Open back or noise-isolated?

Yes

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

1 minute ago, Vigilante505 said:

Yes

Oh dear. Perhaps I should clarify my question. Are you interested in a set of headphones that are closed -- meaning that they attempt to isolate noise? Or a set of cans that have a mesh backing that allow sound to be transmitted away from the listener.

Heh.

3 hours ago, PrometheanCat2 said:

Oh dear. Perhaps I should clarify my question. Are you interested in a set of headphones that are closed -- meaning that they attempt to isolate noise? Or a set of cans that have a mesh backing that allow sound to be transmitted away from the listener.

Heh.

I was hoping you'd get a kick out of that. lol

Just some honest input from my journey: I bought a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and attached a modmic 5 to it. You have to run the cables together on the headsets and it made me feel like i was patched into the Matrix. It was an awesome mic and was really cool but the weight and pull of the cables was out of control.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q

3 hours ago, Tacanacy said:

No, not the HyperX Cloud / Cloud II / CloudX; the fidelity sounds like it has been compressed, the soundstage is small and the imaging is bad. I've been using it in BF4. Soundstage is how well distance to sound sources is portrayed and imaging is the location of sound sources across the soundstage.

Superlux HD668B has much better clarity, a big soundstage and good imaging. I recommend it with velour earpads from HIFIMAN. Attach Antlion ModMic 4.0 to the headphones and you have a headset.

Cmiiw, you're comparing a "gaming" headset with an audio headphone and closed back with a semi open one. There are bound to have differences, kinda like comparing apple with oranges.

HyperX Cloud core/ 1 / 2 are actually ok having a little bit modified drivers of Takstar Pro 80, that's why its famous and they're quite comfy.

Sound & comfort wise, i would recommend SHP9500 (openback) + vmoda boompro, cant beat that combo under $100 (when i bought them some time back).

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

On 6/3/2017 at 9:04 AM, nicobombai said:

Cmiiw, you're comparing a "gaming" headset with an audio headphone and closed back with a semi open one. There are bound to have differences, kinda like comparing apple with oranges.

HyperX Cloud core/ 1 / 2 are actually ok having a little bit modified drivers of Takstar Pro 80, that's why its famous and they're quite comfy.

Sound & comfort wise, i would recommend SHP9500 (openback) + vmoda boompro, cant beat that combo under $100 (when i bought them some time back).

Funny, first the Clouds are "gaming" headsets, and then they are rebranded "audio" headphones with mics. Comparing closed-back to open-back is immaterial when it's solely about soundstage. And comfort is subjective.