Dell XPS 710 Case Mod

Introduction

I guess I should properly introduce myself first of all. My name is Randy but I go by the nick of Mech_Cheese pretty much everywhere. I've been around anything tech related since I was a kid and have just now decided to take on my first actual case mod. I have painted cases and thrown decals on other cases but I didn't consider that a mod. I hope no one minds if I post a link to Medium which is where I typed up my build log, or as much of it as I could, and put all of the pictures. If that is an issue at all then I will be happy to transfer it all to this post.

A little background on the project

I acquired the XPS quite some time ago and for a while it was my daily use PC, that is until one day it decided it was done and would no longer post after a restart. I put it up in the attic with intentions of getting rid of it at a later date but luckily that day never came. I had seen another XPS case mod and that got my gears churning with ideas so I lugged the beast of a case back out of the attic and got started. I was going to start with the BTX to ATX mod and then basically throw a decent paint scheme on it and be done but it turned into quite a bit more. Please feel free to leave any opinions on the project and I want to give a special thanks to my buddy from twitter @ReviewsByGarry for suggesting I migrate over here and post this.

Awesomeness Below

Spoiler

592c3dd414eb8_xp81outside.png.45ae1ffbaa9487d6441ccd4230e7ccaa.png

https://medium.com/@Mech_Cheese/dell-xps-710-case-mod-4ae425c2d79f

On 5/29/2017 at 10:28 AM, mech_cheese said:

-snip-

Great job on the design.  I really like the riveting.  Way to go.