Need Headphone Suggestions

AdamBGames

Im not a great person when it comes to headphone selections, I listen to pretty much everything when it comes to music and i will be using these to game too. My budget is £50-£100 (I know its not a lot but im on a budget), i prefer something that will last longer, not as fussed about sound quality but obviously dont want terrible sound

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

I have the ATH-M35's. They're from 2011 and get thrown, stepped on, and my cat tries to eat the cable. They sound damn good and are made like tanks. Keep in mind it's a neutral sound, meaning the EQ is flat so there isn't an overabundance of bass or treble, it's a "real" sound. If that makes sense.

These are the new versions, just as good: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Technica-ATH-M30X-Professional-Headphones-Black/dp/B00HVLUQW8/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1495819753&sr=8-8&keywords=audio+technica

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

Audio Technica ATH-M40x 99$, Never tried them personally, but I have the M50x and some people say they prefer the 40x over the 50x. I'm going to assume they sound similar, and I think the m50x is great for almost any type of music probably less for classical music, they have a solid bass which is good enough for electronica and metal.

Do you need bass? Are you annoyed by sibilance (harsh metallic/whistling/high pitched sounds)? Is midrange more important than impressive bass or treble? (midrange upgrades are something you grow into rather than being impressed by on first listen). What headphones do you have right now (or what were your best ones), and what did you think of them? How would you improve on them?

"Everything" meaning what? Do you listen to death metal, nightcore, and Mongolian throat-singing? "Everything" is often a lot less diverse than you'd expect, and the similarities in the genres you listen to the most help in figuring out what sort of sound would suit your music.

Just now, Nimrodor said:

Do you need bass? Are you annoyed by sibilance (harsh metallic/whistling/high pitched sounds)? Is midrange more important than impressive bass or treble? (midrange upgrades are something you grow into rather than being impressed by on first listen). What headphones do you have right now (or what were your best ones), and what did you think of them? How would you improve on them?

"Everything" meaning what? Do you listen to death metal, nightcore, and Mongolian throat-singing? "Everything" is often a lot less diverse than you'd expect, and the similarities in the genres you listen to the most help in figuring out what sort of sound would suit your music.

When i mean everything i meant everything, my Spotify list goes from ACDC to Adele, i just need good all-round headphones, the ones I had previously were the HD 451s from Sennheiser but after buying 2 pairs of them and both dying the exact same way I'm not getting them again. thats why i posted on here. If I were to say a genre I listen to more, id say either rap or alternative

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch 

3 minutes ago, Nimrodor said:

Like I said, im not an audio file, but I like good sound. I just need something that will last me a few years without dying in 6 months like my old headphones

2 hours ago, AdamBGames said:

Like I said, im not an audio file, but I like good sound. I just need something that will last me a few years without dying in 6 months like my old headphones

just go with anything audiotechnica. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Corsair H100i Pro | ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4 | Corsair Vengeance 32GB 2x16gb @ 3200mhz  | Vega 64 @ Stock | Fractal Design Define R4 | Corsair RM750

ThinkPad T480 | Intel Core i7 8650u | Nvidia MX150 | 32GB DDR4 @ 2400mhz | Samsung 840 Pro 1tb | 1080p touchscreen

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1311.R2.TR2.TRC0.A0.H0.Xaudio-technica+msr.TRS0&_nkw=audio-technica+ath-msr7&_sacat=0

Go buy a pair of Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7s from eBay. They're easily my favourite pair of headphones I have ever owned. They sound amazing, especially with speech, noise cancel really well and there's close to no sound leakage. They're really easy to drive too, meaning you can get amazing volume on them. These are probably even better than the M50x meme this forum loves so much. 

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

Sennheiser HD558 / ATH M40X is a good choice. If you have doubts, just look up z-reviews (pls dont kill me xD) on youtube and listen to the sound demo. Its not the most accurate sound reproduction, but it will provide a general idea of the character of that headphone.

Note: HD558 are open backs and not ideal for on the go use. M40X are closed backs and quite portable.

EDIT: Few words.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

1 hour ago, nicobombai said:

Sennheiser HD558 / ATH M40X is a good choice. If you have doubts, just look up z-reviews (pls dont kill me xD) on youtube and listen to the sound demo. Its not the most accurate sound reproduction, but it will provide a general idea of the character of that headphone.

As much as people diss Z-reviews, when he really likes something it's usually awesome (the Ultrasone Headphone was a shocker though) and when he hates something it's usually bad. 

Anyway, here's my choice the Sony MDR 1A:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Headphones-Earphones/Sony-MDR-1A-Prestige-Overhead-Headphones/B00N3WWG4U/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1495856476&sr=8-5&keywords=sony+mdr

You can always buy used if you want to stay under 100. 

It's just a fantastic all-rounder headphone: comfy, super light, removable chord, easy on the ears. This headphone has a non-fatiguing warm sound with slightly rolled-off treble and slightly boosted bass. It sounds great with all kinds of music, and it makes bad recordings (think badly recorded old-school punk with high-pitched guitars) sound better.  

Z-reviews metaphorically describes this headphone as "being bathed in a bathtub full of fancy leather jackets". 

36 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

As much as people diss Z-reviews, when he really likes something it's usually awesome (the Ultrasone Headphone was a shocker though) and when he hates something it's usually bad. 

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Tell you what, get that MDR-1A. I know it's somewhat above your budget but it's really worth it. It sounds properly good, better than M40x or M50x (because those headphones don't really sound that good to begin with) and at least as good as HD558 for being a closed headphone counterpart.

It's also stupid comfortable. Few on-the-go headphones can get close to MDR-1A in terms of comfort