Dell Inspiron 15 i7559 motherboard change

I have the 2016 Inspiron gaming model and I have taken it apart before is it possible to change the MB with the new Inspiron 2017 model when I saw the 1050ti in the new laptop I got angry since if I just waited a few more months I would have gotten the newer one. Anyways has anyone tried to replace the Motherboard before is it even possible? The first picture is the 7559 mb the second is the 7567

IMG_0224.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

not exactly, each laptop is designed with thermals and component placement in mind. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the 7559 too, I bought it at the beginning of last year. the 7559 and the 7567 are completely different in terms of layout of the port and cooling, speaker placement etc. So no, it is not possible to swap the motherboards. (example 7567 has 2 usb ports and the audio jack on the right and the card reader on the left, the 7559 has 1 USB port and the card reader on the right, the audio jack is on the left)

HOWEVER. Dell reused the chassis of last year 7559 on the new 5577, that is equipped with a GTX 1050 (NON TI). and that motherboard when available on repair shops, should be a direct fit (not entirely sure, since I have not done it myself).