quickfire tk mx blue vs razer blackwidow tournament (stealth or nonstealth)mx blue

HemilTV

Now I don't wan't any "don't get razer they're bad" haters. I simply want an objective view on which to get.

Not sure what the difference is between the stealth vs the standard but would like to know. (The price is about the same here in the UK so not worried about that)

so ultimately: quickfire tk blues vs razer blackwidow tournament edition vs razer blackwidow tournament STEALTH

Thanks LTT Forum

corsair carbide 300r with corsair quiet af120 fans | i5 4670k OC Genie'd @ 4GHz coolermaster hyper 212 evo w corsair sp120 quiet fanasus gtx 670 2gb direct cu2 edition |

msi z87 gd65 gaming mobo | Corsair AX 760 | 128gb samsung 840 pro ssd Western Digital Caviar BLACK 1TB

Peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Logitech M705 | Razer Arctosa | Sennheiser HD 598 | Turtle Beach P11s round my neck (used as a mic)| Steelseries QCK Heavy | BenQ XL2430T

Now I don't wan't any "don't get razer they're bad" haters. I simply want an objective view on which to get.

Not sure what the difference is between the stealth vs the standard but would like to know. (The price is about the same here in the UK so not worried about that)

so ultimately: quickfire tk blues vs razer blackwidow tournament edition vs razer blackwidow tournament STEALTH

Thanks LTT Forum

for fps or mmo gaming?. 

Those aren't even in the same category of keyboards. Blackwidow Tournament Edition is a TKL and a QFTK is some odd layout. Also there is no thing as a stealth keyboard from Razer that has Cherry MX Blues. It's in their FAQ if you bothered to read it and states that they're browns. Which really the only difference between them is an audible noise I don't know any people who can feel a difference other than some people are disgusted by the click.  You probably would want to Compare QFR vs Blackwidow Tournament Edition, but either way I'd for for CM Storm. No one here is going to recommend you Razer except for a few fanboy trolls.

Forgot to add but the build quality is better in a QFR and a QFTK to my memory compared to Razer's keyboard.

CM build quality is amazing. 

Get the one that's backlit

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

CM build quality is amazing. 

Get the one that's backlit

Hate to say it but backlights have to die and people need to stop suggesting them. They're probably one of the ugliest " aesthetic " enhancements I've ever seen. There's no need to force it onto someone either.

Let's just hope we don't start bedazzling our keyboards any time soon.

You can always turn off the backlights on the TK :)

3 reasons for the TK:

-NKRO over USB 

-Unique hybrid design

-CM Support (msg me if you ever have issues)

Cooler Master USA - Twitter - Facebook - Reddit

You can always turn off the backlights on the TK :)

3 reasons for the TK:

-NKRO over USB 

-Unique hybrid design

-CM Support (msg me if you ever have issues)

Whats the point of buying a backlit keyboard then? I guess yeah CM did come up with a great idea of that hybrid design which looks really odd but could be useful for a lot of people.

Also are you everywhere? I always see you on geekhack and now you're here!

Hate to say it but backlights have to die and people need to stop suggesting them. They're probably one of the ugliest " aesthetic " enhancements I've ever seen. There's no need to force it onto someone either.

I don't like backlighting for aesthetics but for practicality. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Whats the point of buying a backlit keyboard then? I guess yeah CM did come up with a great idea of that hybrid design which looks really odd but could be useful for a lot of people.

I am all seeing, and all knowing...get used to it!!! 

But really.. you'd be amazed how many people refused to buy our QuickFire Rapid because they weren't backlit. At the end of the day, most of the growth for mechanical keyboards is in the gaming segment (who also demand backlighting), so we need to provide and cover all bases. It's for the fans, man!

But really.. you'd be amazed how many people refused to buy our QuickFire Rapid because they weren't backlit. At the end of the day, most of the growth for mechanical keyboards is in the gaming segment (who also demand backlighting), so we need to provide and cover all bases. It's for the fans, man!

Lol, I'm one of those people who refused to buy it because it wasn't backlit. I'm not thinking of getting one of the Tk in Mx greens but its so hard to get one in Australia :S The only one i can find is the trigger.

Intel 4770k : 4.6Ghz @1.285v | Asus Maximum VI Extreme | Asus GTX780 DCUii OC | Corsair Vengeance Pro 16 GB @2400mhz| Corsair AX1200i |

Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | Random mix match 3.5" hard drives |  Asus PB278q

Cooling : EK Supremacy Plexi/Nickle | Swiftech MCP655 Laing D5 | XSPC RX360 | EK D5 X-TOP CSQ |

to be able to tell where which keys are in the dark?

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

I ordered the CM Storm Quickfire TK with Cherry MX Blue today. I usually don't do spontaneous purchases, but this one was just a instant buy for some reason. I have the 2012/old BlackWidow, non-tournament, for soon 2 years and I have really liked it so far. I just replaced my Deathadder with the Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance, which was a perfect transition I might add. I feel it's time to move away from Razer completely so the keyboard change was about time.

Anyway, I have a few requirements for my new keyboard, it has to be:

- Black, completely black

- Cherry MX Blue, nothing else

- Blue LED's and backlit, nothing else

- Braided cable

- Numpad

- Simple Design. Nothing more crazy than the BlackWidow.

In the end, not many keyboards were available for me without ordering overseas. 

So my question to this thread, to tie in with the OP. How does the transition between a BlackWidow and the CM Storm Quickfire TK play out? Are they very similar to the touch, sound? Are the keys positioned at the same places? How is that crazy numpad gonna work? Is the CM Storm software any good? Is the texture better than of the glossy pre-2013 BlackWidow?

Thanks.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 | MB: Asus P8Z77-V PRO | GPU: x1 Asus DirectCU II OC GTX 680 (2GB) | CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k | RAM: 32GB 8x4 Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz | PSU: Corsair TX 750W | Sound Card: Sound Blaster Zx | SSD: Intel 520 Series 180GB (Boot & Windows) | HDD: WD Green 2TB (Steam), Samsung HD501LJ 500GB (Storage), External Seagate 500 GB (Storage) External WD 1TB (Storage) | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | MonitorLG IPS 24" 1080p | Keyboard: CMStorm Quickfire TK Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M50 | Speakers: Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II, Roth Oli POWA-5 Black | Microphone: Samson Q1U | Mobile Device: Samsung Galaxy S6 Sapphire Black (32GB) | Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7" (32GB) | Notebook: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E540 | Steam: 4500+ Games

Steam | Twitter | Twitch

Of course, not everyone can type without looking at the keyboard. Even I can't memorize the number row and I'd like to say I'm a proficient typist.

QFR Master Race! Favorite keyboard that I've laid my hands on.

Also

to be able to tell where which keys are in the dark?

I was talking about " You can always turn off the backlights on the TK  "

Doesn't it seem a little odd to buy a backlit keyboard and then turn off the backlight? That's why I mentioned the Hybrid design because I don't believe there is another keyboard like it on the market, or at least the mainstream market.

I ordered the CM Storm Quickfire TK with Cherry MX Blue today. I usually don't do spontaneous purchases, but this one was just a instant buy for some reason. I have the 2012/old BlackWidow, non-tournament, for soon 2 years and I have really liked it so far. I just replaced my Deathadder with the Corsair Vengeance M65 Performance, which was a perfect transition I might add. I feel it's time to move away from Razer completely so the keyboard change was about time.

Anyway, I have a few requirements for my new keyboard, it has to be:

- Black, completely black

- Cherry MX Blue, nothing else

- Blue LED's and backlit, nothing else

- Braided cable

- Numpad

- Simple Design. Nothing more crazy than the BlackWidow.

In the end, not many keyboards were available for me without ordering overseas. 

So my question to this thread, to tie in with the OP. How does the transition between a BlackWidow and the CM Storm Quickfire TK play out? Are they very similar to the touch, sound? Are the keys positioned at the same places? How is that crazy numpad gonna work? Is the CM Storm software any good? Is the texture better than of the glossy pre-2013 BlackWidow?

Thanks

The switches are the same based on your selection and they will feel and sound very similar.  The crazy numpad is the appeal of this case - it provides a small footprint while maintaining the need for a numpad when you need (excel spreadsheets, etc.).  There is no software for this keyboard, everything is fully ready to go out of the box. 

It does have NKRO over USB and a more simple finish... but again I think you will really like this keyboard once you get used to it.

Thanks.

I tested razer blackwidow ultimate before. Their cherry mx blue feels like it's like been stress tested(or burned-in) before they come out from the factory, that means it's lighter.

1454644_389482081185291_101006337_n.jpg

Check this thread out http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/39971-light-mx-blue-keyboards/

As advertised razer blackwidow has 10KRO while QFTK has NKRO :

1468635_389484297851736_307229492_n.jpg

1460274_389487074518125_754272315_n.jpg

There are pratical reasons why some choose a keyboard with back light, namely that they are not touch typists. Some, like 'lil old me, can't type very well w/o seeing the keys/legends, yes, I know I really ought to learn to touch type. Getting old and a little too set in my ways I'm afraid. I do have non-LED keyboards, like my KC/Topre/Filco, but when I use them, I need my room to be lit.....or, at the very least, have a desk lamp on to see the keys.

As for the so called BWTE Stealth Edition, it's basically a regular BWTE except it has MX Brown instead of the clicky MX Blue of the regular BWTE, quite similar to their BWU 2013 (MX Blue) and BWU 2013 Stealth Edition (MX Brown). I really wish Razer would stop this marketing crap, why not simply state the switch used instead of bandying the term 'Stealth'? Regardless, I'd take the Quick Fire TK over the BWTE/BWTE Stealth w/o even thinking about it.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

I have a Tk (Red Switches tho)and i can say that it  is really good and small.

I cant really say anything about the Razer i have only tested it once in the store and at a friends and i liked it too,my Tk just seemed a bit more compact/better build.

I would really suggest to go to a local store and test both out.(Local Stores with a ''Gaming Section'' have got almost every time a Razer Blackwidow)

Or just get them both via amazon and send one back :).

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x