Light Mx Blue Keyboards?

dantheton

I have been using a mx blue ducky shine 2 and I really like it but I am missing my razer blackwidow for gaming.

The blackwidow was definitely lighter to press than the ducky were. I am looking for a new mx blue keyboard that is also really light to press similar to the blackwidow but maybe of higher quality.

Any suggestions on a soft pressing keyboard or should I just go for a new blackwidow?

Thx

CMStorm quickfire rapid. its easy. its blues. i like it. i bottomout each key when i type

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

I think the reason that the Black Widow has a lighter actuation force because the quality of the switches aren't that great. I've had friends that have the black widow and then used mine and they said that mine feels more robust while the Black widow has a more of a muddy feel.  I use a Rosewill RK-9000 which is basically a rebranded Filco underneath.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I think the reason that the Black Widow has a lighter actuation force because the quality of the switches aren't that great. I've had friends that have the black widow and then used mine and they said that mine feels more robust while the Black widow has a more of a muddy feel.  I use a Rosewill RK-9000 which is basically a rebranded Filco underneath.

yeah, my blackwidow had a muddy a feel. I can agree. the only other blue switch keyboard i tried was a quickfire rapid and it felt more robust as well. 

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

I thought I was going insane when I tried out a blackwidow and thought that it's keys were lighter!

I don't think there really is a way to find out what keyboards have lighter mx blue switches than others. Really one mx blue keyboard should be identical feeling to another. Maybe if you actually try a keyboard before you buy if that's possible, just to make sure?

Really? My Quickfire feels the same as my ducky :/

ive never had the pleasure of typing on a ducky but i know that i do tend to "hammer" the keys. i was looking for greens because i press so hard but thats just me. 

Big Bertha3570k @ 4.5GhzASRock Fatal1ty Z777970 DCUII TOP EVGA GTX 780Swiftech H220 w/ NF-F1216GB RAM128GB Kingston HyperX 3K1TB Western Digital Black40GB Western Digital Raptor 10K PeripheralsMionix 3200 MouseCMStorm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues2 x Dell U2713HM AudioAsus ROG Orion Pro HeadsetSony XB-500AKG K240Bose AE2i​Fiio E10

Samsung Galaxy S45.0" 1920x1080p Super AMOLED screen16GB Storage2600 mAh battery1.9Ghz quad-core Krait CPU2GB RAMCyanogenMod CameraNikon D310018x55mm NIKKOR VR Lens14.2 MP

Well I want something really smooth. Like when I tried the mx red ducky compared to the corsair k90, I could tell instantly that the ducky had more resistance while the k90 were a lot smoother.

Highly recommend Ducky's if your ever looking for a new keyboard. The build quality is outstanding :)

Greens are really good too, the actuation point is a great deal stronger than blues are and will help tons with bottoming out, they can be quite fatiguing compared to blues but, give them a try for sure but! :)

i just bought a new keyboard :P i really put alot of force on the keys. i think my next board will be the famed IBM model M

I'm so happy my dad never sold our family's old model m. He bought one back when they first came out and now It's one of my most prized possessions 

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

The dream board. I'm thinking about getting the black unicomp model with white keycaps :) I just don't think it will be the same as an actual model m but :/

i was just looking at those :P

a dream board would be an all black backlit 84key version...

Yeah I'ld but the hell out of that!

it would be the PERFECT keyboard...

"if you build it, every geek will come and blow all their hard earned cash"

Well I'ma just call up the factory and start pumping out these bad boys :) sitting on a goldmine!

im sure unicomp would build one...

in other words, im going to threaten to burn down all their chinese factories until i get a stupid backlit model m

Maybe replace the springs with those of a red or brown, or maybe the slider with a clear and make an Ergo clear?

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

yeah, my blackwidow had a muddy a feel. I can agree. the only other blue switch keyboard i tried was a quickfire rapid and it felt more robust as well. 

Which blackwidow are you talking about?

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Which blackwidow are you talking about?

Old one, with blue backlight. Not the 2013 version, to my understanding the new one is problem free

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

Old one, with blue backlight. Not the 2013 version, to my understanding the new one is problem free

Yeah, thats what I was thinking since I have the 2013 version and find it basically identical to any other MX Blue keyboard I have used

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

Wouldn't red switches be better if you're looking for lower resistance?

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile

I thought I was going insane when I tried out a blackwidow and thought that it's keys were lighter!

I don't think there really is a way to find out what keyboards have lighter mx blue switches than others. Really one mx blue keyboard should be identical feeling to another. Maybe if you actually try a keyboard before you buy if that's possible, just to make sure?

Really? My Quickfire feels the same as my ducky :/

Sure there is a way to measure how heavy a switch is! it is called the Rip-o-meter, made and named by the #1 Keyboard expert on this planet.

http://imgur.com/a/r1BNN

Buuuut, all new blues should have a actuation force of 55cN, so the ducky shouldn't be heavier than the BW, unless the BW's caps are mead fo lead and have a notable mass.

So it wasn't only me, the Blackwidow really does have lighter keys!

I was shocked once I recieved my Ducky Shine 2 with MX Blues since the only experience I had from blue switches previously was on the Blackwidow. Oh, well... Got used to them now.

Still, it lead to me using my 6Gv2 keyboard more than my Ducky keyboard...

| GPU: GT 650M | CPU: i5-3210M | Excuse my language, sometimes I can be pretty vulgar.