Ryzen how do i do this?

ZeusXI
Just now, MrTiC said:

Is it first boot ever ?

First boot on ryzen can take 2-3 mins before bios pops up

oh really? ok ill leave it and see if anything happens. first ryzen build yes

1 minute ago, elis said:

Are those fans spinning ?

all fans in the case are spinning including the GPU fans. the top fans are not because they are connected to the gpu external control and dont turn on till the gpu hits about 55C

Just now, ZeusXI said:

all fans in the case are spinning including the GPU fans. the top fans are not because they are connected to the gpu external control and dont turn on till the gpu hits about 55C

Do you have a list of the parts you used ? It may be just a first run issue, but, if not, need to check RAM speed compatibility, and maybe mobo needs a BIOS upgrade.

6 minutes ago, elis said:

Do you have a list of the parts you used ? It may be just a first run issue, but, if not, need to check RAM speed compatibility, and maybe mobo needs a BIOS upgrade.

everything came out of a rig that i can use if i plug everything back into. it could be a first time issue

GTX 1070 Strix

Ryzen 1600X

Asrock AB350M pro4

Corsair 2666 1x8GB RAM (i have the other stick in my other rig)

corsair 600w PSU fully modular

everything except the motherboard and cpu worked in the other rig without any problems

4 minutes ago, ZeusXI said:

everything came out of a rig that i can use if i plug everything back into. it could be a first time issue

GTX 1070 Strix

Ryzen 1600X

Asrock AB350M pro4

Corsair 2666 1x8GB RAM (i have the other stick in my other rig)

corsair 600w PSU fully modular

everything except the motherboard and cpu worked in the other rig without any problems

The RAM is compatible, just check if it is locked well.

I hope you don't have to upgrade the BIOS. That would require you to have an older processor than Ryzen compatible with that mobo.

2 minutes ago, elis said:

The RAM is compatible, just check if it is locked well.

I hope you don't have to upgrade the BIOS. That would require you to have an older processor than Ryzen compatible with that mobo.

There are no older ryzen cpu's lol

The only way to update a bios without a cpu is that if the board has a hardware bios flashback build in ( and thats only on top end boards )

Let's agree to disagree

Just now, MrTiC said:

There are no older ryzen cpu's lol

The only way to update a bios without a cpu is that if the board has a hardware bios flashback build in ( and thats only on top end boards )

Well, I said older than Ryzen. But anyway, for that board, there is an older Ryzen indeed. Ryzen 7 is older than 5, and the Ryzen 5 series do require an upgraded BIOS on that type of board.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350M Pro4/index.asp#CPU

6 hours ago, elis said:

Well, I said older than Ryzen. But anyway, for that board, there is an older Ryzen indeed. Ryzen 7 is older than 5, and the Ryzen 5 series do require an upgraded BIOS on that type of board.

http://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/AB350M Pro4/index.asp#CPU

Am4 is a completely new socket. there are no older processors.

6 hours ago, ZeusXI said:

Am4 is a completely new socket. there are no older processors.

There is a table of supported CPUs in that link. All ones under Ryzen are clearly older than Ryzen (A12 to Athlon X4). Beside that, 3 Ryzen processors do require a BIOS update to work properly (even though it is claimed on the site that all of them will boot up.)

P.S : Technically Ryzen 7 is older than 5 :P 

I had this exact problem using the Asrock B350M Pro4, as well as an ASUS B350M motherboard. The problem was the RAM. Even though it was listed in ASUS's Memory QVL, it didn't work. When I swapped to Crucial Ballistix DDR4-2400, it finally booted.

Edit: To specify, I was using Team Dark 16GB DDR4-3000 MHz, not Corsair.

Edited by SharKCS11

On 5/12/2017 at 3:58 AM, elis said:

There is a table of supported CPUs in that link. All ones under Ryzen are clearly older than Ryzen (A12 to Athlon X4). Beside that, 3 Ryzen processors do require a BIOS update to work properly (even though it is claimed on the site that all of them will boot up.)

P.S : Technically Ryzen 7 is older than 5 :P 

They're a refresh that's compatible with AM4, not the original AM3+ versions.  Even though they're an older architecture, all AM4 processors are currently compatible with all AM4 motherboards.  The compatibility lists are there simply for in the future, when new processors are released that may require a BIOS update.