No menu on Win7 install

dexT
Go to solution Solved by oskarha,

That's the next step I was going to do on a modern laptop and a similar C2D setup.

Bilderesultat for just do it gif

And if that doesn't work then do this:

The next thing I'm going to try is installing the OS in a different system then switching the drive back to the X48 fresh.

I'm trying to install Win 7 Pro 64 on any of a few drives but it always has the same result, no install menu just the Win7 install wallpaper. I'm using a USB 2 flash drive on a USB 2 port BTW.

Also I've tried booting random drives hoping I could clean them up and install drivers but they all bluescreen except for one from a 780i chipset system and I can't use safe mode on any for some reason.

The next thing I'm going to try is installing the OS in a different system then switching the drive back to the X48 fresh.

I'm using the X48 Rampage Extreme.

Are you sure your windows 7 installer disk isnt scratched or anything?

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

Are you sure your windows 7 installer disk isnt scratched or anything?

I'm using a USB flash drive. The only 2.0 I have too. 

It worked in March on an X99 system and I have tried reusing Rufus but I get the same result.

I'm using a USB flash drive. The only 2.0 I have too. 

It worked in March on an X99 system and I have tried reusing Rufus but I get the same result.

Have you tried waiting for a few minutes?

[GUIDE] LGA 771 Mod for Dell Vostro 220 [GUIDE] LGA 775 BSEL Mod [BUILD] The Mighty Radeon-Powered Dell [VIDEO] Evolution of Intel CPUs

Can you game on an 8-year-old i7? Is the 4-year-old GTX 660 still relevant? Upgrading the HP Pro 3500

Main Rig:

Spoiler

CPU Intel Core i7 4930k @ 4.3GHz | Motherboard ASUS P9X79 Deluxe | RAM Hynix 32GB (8x4GB) 2133MHz CL11 | GPU Gigabyte GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | Case NZXT Phantom 410 | Storage Samsung 850EVO 500GB, Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU Cooler Master G650M (650W) | Monitors x1 Dell U2515H, x2 Dell 1907FP | Cooling Noctua NH-D14 w. x2 NF-F12 iPPC-2000 PWM | Keyboard Logitech G610 ORION BROWN | Mouse Logitech Performance MX | OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64

@oskarha Yes and I remember from each clean install I've used the stick for that the menu is instant. I have this system on a phase change cooler right now to bin CPUs and wasn't expecting it to take long to install and I can't slap an air cooler on it without uninsulating my board.

@oskarha Yes and I remember from each clean install I've used the stick for that the menu is instant. I have this system on a phase change cooler right now to bin CPUs and wasn't expecting it to take long to install and I can't slap an air cooler on it without uninsulating my board.

Weird. You tested the installer in another system (very recently aka not a few months ago)?

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Weird. You tested the installer in another system (very recently aka not a few months ago)?

That's the next step I was going to do on a modern laptop and a similar C2D setup.

And if that doesn't work then do this:

Main Rig:

Spoiler

Alright got it on a ASUS P5N73-AM. I left the REX on it longer than it took to show on the nforce board haha WTF? 

You were probably right about waiting.