Opinion on upgrade parts/plan

Note: I have some of the parts, please take note of that

Current Plan:

Planned use: Heavy to mildly modded gaming and everyday/school work

Budget: less than $2,000

Cooling: 2x 120mm and 3x 140mm fans

I wanted an opinion on the motherboard; I'm not sure what motherboard would be best for what I want to use the PC for.

Opinions on other parts are welcome also.

5 minutes ago, Dalis said:

Note: I have some of the parts, please take note of that

Current Plan:

Planned use: Heavy to mildly modded gaming and everyday/school work

Budget: less than $2,000

Cooling: 2x 120mm and 3x 140mm fans

I wanted an opinion on the motherboard; I'm not sure what motherboard would be best for what I want to use the PC for.

Opinions on other parts are welcome also.

I also agree you should go for a ryzen chip, there is no downside, more threads, lower power consumption, and generally cheaper, the power supply can be knocked down to a 600 or even 500 watt as the power draw of this system wont be much more then 300 or 400W.

Main PC | AMD R7 3700X | Noctua D14 | MSI RTX 2080 Super XS OC | Corsair Vengence LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | MSI B550A Pro | 1TB PNY XLR8 NVMe SSD | Kingston A400 960GB SSD | 2TB Western Digital Green HDD | Fractal Design Define R6TG |

Laptop (Asus TUF FX505DY) | AMD R5 3550H | RX560X | Crucial DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | Western Digital SN550 256GB SSD | PNY CS900 960GB SSD |

Phone | Samsung S10 Lite (128GB + 128GB SD card) |

Other Cool Stuff | Steam Link | Sontronics Podcast Pro | NZXT Hue+ | Corsair K70 MK 2 (MX Brown) | Logitech G402 | HiSense A7300 43 Inch 4K TV | Logitech C920 | Ender 3 Pro with Bulleye Fan duct and BLTouch |Sony PS4 | Nintendo Switch