Case review of Jonsbo RM3

RedSpade

This is my first review so be kind :P

I recently found this case online and instantly fell in love with the looks so I got it for my new Ryzen build which I'll soon be doing a build log off.

First off a pic of the case.

77823-621921-cropped-full.jpg.3d3c9ba2affb37a1f04e87b243c59352.jpg

The case is an mATX case made of aluminium with tempered glass side panels. I've found it to be well sealed from dust as the case has a solid rubber to seal the glass, prevent scratches and vibrations. There's also an adequate front IO or 2 usb 3.1 type A ports, a headphone and microphone jack.

The cooling off the case is unusual, there are a total of 4 vents, 1 x 140mm up top, 1 x 120mm rear and about 240mm on the bottom all of which have metal dust filters (not the smallest of holes). Though the case can only fit 3 fans 1 up top, 1 rear and 1 in the top of the basement casing. Despite the lackluster intakes, it has kept my hardware cool (it is Autumn in Australia though so ambient ~15c) with temps in the mid 30s to 40s.

received_1321136284629621.thumb.jpeg.6c53f5aa88b958ffa176a7c5a89e30ec.jpeg

Picture of the basement fan, 2 x 2.5" drive slots and motherboard tray. You may also be able to make out the 2 x 2.5/3.5" slots on the front panel behind front IO cord.

received_1321135891296327.thumb.jpeg.dc6d73efba6911a2b12faa8ff77b7735.jpeg

Nice tight fit ;)

The HDD was right up against the motherboard tray and as seen in the above photo the cables were routed through the cut out.

received_1321136204629629.thumb.jpeg.3e04b61c67c8d171e25e0e8435c7feec.jpeg

This is the basement fan with another filter on it albeit the holes are larger then the others.

received_1321135744629675.jpeg

Completed build.

I found the case mostly good the work with the only problem was cable management and the 8 pin motherboard cable.

The 8 pin cable was very difficult to connect as there is very little room between the mobo tray and top/edge of the case. This was made even more of a bother by the fan which limits it even further. To connect it I had to take out the fan and motherboard, connect the cable, replace the motherboard and force the fan back in (I'll post a pic of it soon)

The cable management was a bugger because the 24 pin cable would only just fit let alone the other cables that crossed it.

I'm limited for time now so I'll update this later. I hope you enjoy the few pics :)

Edit: grammar already.

Murphy's Law: "Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong"

I LOVE Jonsbo cases! most elegant ones around if you ask me.

Thanks for that quick review!

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

50 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

I LOVE Jonsbo cases! most elegant ones around if you ask me.

Thanks for that quick review!

Ikr, the cases have amazing design and build quality.

And I find it weird that barely anyone has reviewed their cases.

• 2 weeks later...

I really have fallen in love with this case (Black version), but I wanted to know what motherboard you used for your ryzen build. The Jonsbo website says that the max motherboard size is 24.48 x 24.48 cm, but I can't find a single ryzen board that matches that size. Thanks!

Edit: How many fans does it come with?

Edited by twgecko
Addition

I used the MSI B350M Gaming Pro, don't forget those sizes are max and it's a standard used worldwide. So if the place you buy it from says it's mATX, then it will fit.

It comes with 2 fans that are low noise ones. If you want any more info or pics just ask :)

Note: be careful when plugging in the 8 pin motherboard connector. Feed the connector through and connect it before screwing the board in.

Completely forgot to add this before, but here's a pic of the 8 pin cable. Also the back doesn't have a lot of room for cable management so you'll need to spend a bit of time planning the management...

8pincable.jpg

• 5 months later...

Can we get a picture of the back for cable management? I just got this case in the mail in Silver!