Passtrough iGPU to vm in kvm and use dedicated for host

I have a10-7850k with pretty powerful integrated radeon r7 graphics (can handle almost any game before 2013 at 1080p on medium, newer at 720p on low) and I have gt210 (which is obviously way slower) and is it possible to passthrough igpu to vm, while gt210 will work for host? Is it possible in theory? I have no problems with installing other distro, modifying kernel etc. 

Wouldn't it be easier to pass the 210 to your VM? Also what VM software are you using?

13 minutes ago, Joelsome2211 said:

Wouldn't it be easier to pass the 210 to your VM? Also what VM software are you using?

my igpu is more powerful and i want to play games in vm. As i said, i can use any distro and any vm software if needed.

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 1:49 PM, Gameborn said:

my igpu is more powerful and i want to play games in vm. As i said, i can use any distro and any vm software if needed.

What distro and VM software would you want to work with in an ideal world? Also what games do you want to play. I can say from experience that the R7 200 series aren't exactaly powerful.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 0:57 PM, Joelsome2211 said:

What distro and VM software would you want to work with in an ideal world? Also what games do you want to play. I can say from experience that the R7 200 series aren't exactaly powerful.

arch as distro and any vm software. I want to mainly play some a bit older games, maybe up to skyrim. Yeah, r7 200 series (my iGPU is almost is more powerful than r7 240 and a bit less powerful then 250, and also don't forget that it takes ram as vram, this is why I have 2133mhz ram) isn't that powerful (r7 260x is ~okay), but I can play league of legends on windows with ultra settings at 80 fps and skyrim on high with some light visual mods with 40 fps. And also, amd driver on my kind of hardware works bad, open source have bad performance, weird bugs, only opengl 3.0. Amdgpu-pro have stopped working after updates + it supports only Ubuntu 16.04 (I hate Ubuntu's lts update system, it always have very outdated packages) and amdgpu (without pro) is working, but not much better than opensource.

15 hours ago, Gameborn said:

arch as distro and any vm software. I want to mainly play some a bit older games, maybe up to skyrim. Yeah, r7 200 series (my iGPU is almost is more powerful than r7 240 and a bit less powerful then 250, and also don't forget that it takes ram as vram, this is why I have 2133mhz ram) isn't that powerful (r7 260x is ~okay), but I can play league of legends on windows with ultra settings at 80 fps and skyrim on high with some light visual mods with 40 fps. And also, amd driver on my kind of hardware works bad, open source have bad performance, weird bugs, only opengl 3.0. Amdgpu-pro have stopped working after updates + it supports only Ubuntu 16.04 (I hate Ubuntu's lts update system, it always have very outdated packages) and amdgpu (without pro) is working, but not much better than opensource.

if I'm right, in Orical's VM software, you are able to pass through internet and pick what GPU you can use. I only have one GPU, so idk if that would work... but whatevs, it's worth a try.

You cannot use an iGPU with IOMMU (PCIe passthrough) because it doesn't operate through a traditional PCIe bus. iGPUs integrate a lot more directly with the Host CPU in a way that makes virtualized passthrough impractical. Even if you did manage to force it, you'd likely have weird bugs and artifacts due to the way AMD-Vi works.

3 hours ago, Sniperfox47 said:

You cannot use an iGPU with IOMMU (PCIe passthrough) because it doesn't operate through a traditional PCIe bus. iGPUs integrate a lot more directly with the Host CPU in a way that makes virtualized passthrough impractical. Even if you did manage to force it, you'd likely have weird bugs and artifacts due to the way AMD-Vi works.

i ended up with what you said. I followed this guide https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PCI_passthrough_via_OVMF. Everything went fine until windows booted up and showed "Unknown pci device" in device manager and driver installer said "no amd hardware was found"