GTX 1080TI FE Cooling Upgrade - ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV

MCCOPRA

Yes,

I am finally happy with a single card 4k configuration with my lovely GTX 1080 TI FE with jet engine strapped on it.

I went ahead and bought myself a ARCTIC Accelero Xtreme IV

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-Accelero-Efficient-VRM-Cooling-DCACO-V800001-GBA01/dp/B00HHMJIIO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493137673&sr=8-1&keywords=ARCTIC+Accelero+Xtreme+IV

hopefully it will arrive on friday so i can enjoy more overclock and more silent operation in my lovely pc :P

my question is will i need to buy separate VRM and RAM Cooling heat sinks or it will be fine without installing heat sinks since it has back plate vrm cooling + the fan will blow directly on to the pcb and cool it.

all input is appreciated.

You don't need any more heatsinks for the VRM and Mosfets, the backplate will be fine.

What i do suggest though is getting more thermal pads because you definitely will not have enough with what they give you.

Update. The Beast is Here. Took me 1 hour to install with care.

On 26.04.2017 at 9:11 AM, Bcat00 said:

You don't need any more heatsinks for the VRM and Mosfets, the backplate will be fine.

What i do suggest though is getting more thermal pads because you definitely will not have enough with what they give you.

They had more than enough thermal pads - used them all no chip left behind :P

Here are the Results.

Case Look had to move gpu one slot down back plate heat sink touches the ram slot clips but since i wont do sli or use any expansion cards i am ok now my case looks full :P

5903bfff1ba08_GTX1080TIAcceleretoIV.thumb.jpg.f311bc43d0cdcf1da7ac36066bd36473.jpg

GTX 1080TI Accelereto IV Default Fan Profile - Firestrike Ultra Stress Test

5903c00ba30e1_GTX1080TIAcceleretoIVDefaultFanProfile.thumb.jpg.118fede542ab5ca5641082df7a01aab2.jpg

GTX 1080TI Accelereto IV Max Fan Profile - Firestrike Ultra Stress Test

5903c01823324_GTX1080TIAcceleretoIVMaxFanProfile.thumb.jpg.1a99bf86cef81db0dc9ceb4a8158a637.jpg

so far it looks and cools great and even at max fan speed its completely silent next to case fans and compared to stock ... no please :P