Wireless Display Port / HDMI

Hey All,

I'm tempted to try and do a wireless display setup (g sync possible? Even peripherals?)  due to an idea I have.  What do you guys think?  Anything on the market that could fit the bill?

Thanks! 

"45 ACP because shooting twice is silly!"

34 minutes ago, Nikolithebear said:

I'm tempted to try and do a wireless display setup (g sync possible? Even peripherals?)  due to an idea I have.  What do you guys think?  Anything on the market that could fit the bill?

Yes, there are wireless HDMI/DisplayPort solutions on the market... What's your budget?

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 minute ago, kirashi said:

Yes, there are wireless HDMI/DisplayPort solutions on the market... What's your budget?

Id need 1 DisplayPort and 2 HDMis, preferable around 150 bucks for all of them?

1 minute ago, Nikolithebear said:

Id need 1 DisplayPort and 2 HDMis, preferable around 150 bucks for all of them?

Not happening for that price. You can't even get reliable 30fps Wireless HDMI for that price, at least not in Canadia land. Maybe there's better equipment where you are, but back a few years when my old high school tech teacher was looking for 60fps capable wireless HDMI adapters, he was looking at spending around $850 by the time the smoke cleared for ones with decent driver support.

To be clear, it can be done - otherwise broadcasters wouldn't be able to pipe live news around the world. But it's going to require more expensive equipment. IDK if GSync over wireless is possible at this point though.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Not happening for that price. You can't even get reliable 30fps Wireless HDMI for that price, at least not in Canadia land. Maybe there's better equipment where you are, but back a few years when my old high school tech teacher was looking for 60fps capable wireless HDMI adapters, he was looking at spending around $850 by the time the smoke cleared for ones with decent driver support.

To be clear, it can be done - otherwise broadcasters wouldn't be able to pipe live news around the world. But it's going to require more expensive equipment. IDK if GSync over wireless is possible at this point though.

Do you have any recomendations for wireless HMDI?  Such as a dongle that comes off at the machine and at the monitor for a point to point connection? 

16 hours ago, Nikolithebear said:

Do you have any recomendations for wireless HMDI?  Such as a dongle that comes off at the machine and at the monitor for a point to point connection? 

Yup, the tech teacher went with the IOGear one recommended by TheWirecutter.com since it was the most reliable option for the price at the time. Notice how the guide hasn't changed since 2013 - that's because not much has improved in that time for the same price.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/the-best-wireless-hdmi-video-transmitter/