PS4 PRO on PG279Q or second monitor with 4k?

Dorustr

Dear people,

First of all sorry for my english, I want to get a PS4 PRO soon and i currently have a PG279Q and a 1080p monitor now i was wondering if the PS4 PRO will look good on the pg279q or if i should invest for a 4k monitor to use a second monnitor and for my ps4 and will it be worth it? and will it use more pc power if use a 4k monitor as a second monitor on my pg279q while gaming..

Thanx alot.

Regards me

4 minutes ago, Dorustr said:

Dear people,

First of all sorry for my english, I want to get a PS4 PRO soon and i currently have a PG279Q and a 1080p monitor now i was wondering if the PS4 PRO will look good on the pg279q or if i should invest for a 4k monitor to use a second monnitor and for my ps4 and will it be worth it? and will it use more pc power if use a 4k monitor as a second monitor on my pg279q while gaming..

Thanx alot.

Regards me

Even the PS4 Pro stuggles with anything more than 1080p. I'd say stick with 1080p and set the console to the best settings, using a $1000 monitor for a $500 console is just.... wrong. That display is capable of a lot more. 

Yours faithfully

If you want a pr0 because of 4k. Dont waste your Money on it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Yea im getting triggered fast to buy new stuff would i be better of buying a nice IPS 1080P panel and a slim ps4? or would you guys get the ps4 pro? i am not planning to use it all of the time but mostly for the console exclusives that are coming like RD2, God of war, Spoderman etc

bear in mind that some games do not run at 4k. this is mostly the case for games that use checkerboarding, so they'll look 4k. 

6 minutes ago, Dorustr said:

Yea im getting triggered fast to buy new stuff would i be better of buying a nice IPS 1080P panel and a slim ps4? or would you guys get the ps4 pro? i am not planning to use it all of the time but mostly for the console exclusives that are coming like RD2, God of war, Spoderman etc

to me the ps4 pro seems worth it if you already have a 4k HDR TV display. there are some games that will let you change some settings to favor like better frame rates, trading visual fidelity. but i can't guarantee every game will have this amount of freedom 

also it's possible RDR 2 will come to pc 

Thanx guys i think i might just go for a new 27 inch ips monitor to use a second monitor and for the ps4. Btw do you guys know if im using 4k monitor display as second monitor will it use more power while gaming on pg279q with watching videos/streams etc?

Neither the potato can't output in 2k and can only do native 4k on trails evolution. Your better off putting it on a 1080p screen

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.