Dell Laptop not charging

Hi, my friend has a dell laptop and it is not charging from any charger at all.  we have tried 20 different chargers and even chargers that have been verified working and that charge other dell laptops.  we have tried different batteries as well and the same result.  on startup it keeps telling us that it is unable to determine what charger we are using and it also tells us in Windows.  i am starting to think that the charging port or cable connecting it to the motherboard is to blame or possibly the the charging controller on the motherboard.  whats your guess on the problem?  i feel like the charging port or cable is to blame mostly because we have tried 65W, 90W chargers and they charge other dell laptops fine but wont charge me friends.  

3 minutes ago, Dudefoxlive said:

Hi, my friend has a dell laptop and it is not charging from any charger at all.  we have tried 20 different chargers and even chargers that have been verified working and that charge other dell laptops.  we have tried different batteries as well and the same result.  on startup it keeps telling us that it is unable to determine what charger we are using and it also tells us in Windows.  i am starting to think that the charging port or cable connecting it to the motherboard is to blame or possibly the the charging controller on the motherboard.  whats your guess on the problem?  i feel like the charging port or cable is to blame mostly because we have tried 65W, 90W chargers and they charge other dell laptops fine but wont charge me friends.  

I had the same problem with an xps 13. Exact same message. Mine was a refurb and I contacted them and they offered to give me a battery to replace it. I didn't try it and got a refund though. My best guess is that since you tried a different battery your charging port is broken. 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

Thank goodness for cheap parts.  The charging port for his laptop is only about 5 dollars so i will see if i can get him to order it and have me replace it.  if that does not fix it then my guess is the charging controller on the main board is fried or something.  He was asking me how could it have happened and i told him there could be many options.  Could have come like that and tooken years to become the way it is.  Someone might have plugged in the wrong charger and damaged the port.  Someone could have plugged in the wrong charger with a different polarity or voltage.  there could be so many reasons.