Processor getting way to hot!!

Kekem

Hello,

When my processor is under full load, the temps are reaching around 100 degrees celcius! Isn't that way to much?

I installed a correct amount of thermal compound and the cooler is also installed correctly (spinning at full speed). 

How can i decrease my CPU temps so i don't break it?

Thanks

By the way, my case has 3 extra fans also running at full speed right now (because of the high temps)

this can be many reasons for that. Can you please send picture of your case if you can? try running without side panel. Is cooler really spinning at full speed, and the most important what's your cooler?

Can't post a photo of my case now, unfortunately. My cooler is the Hyper 212 EVO and yes, it's running on full speed.

Reseat the cooler with fresh paste see if that helps.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

Better question is.. did you remove the plastic film for the heatsink on the Hyper 212evo before mounting, because I imagine that might be the issue, since the Hyper 212 evo is a decent budget cooler.

@Martijn van Kekem

Current System Specs:

CPU: Intel I5-7660K; CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212X; Thermal Paste: IC Diamond 7 Carat; Motherboard: MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon;

RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8gb) DDR4 - 2400; SSD Storage: 1TB Samsung 850 EVO; Storage: 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm;

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1070 8gb G1 Gaming; Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black; PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold, OS: Windows 10 Home

Temps are far from what they should be. Whats your idle and room temps? What is running when it hits 100C? Are you sure it's Celsius? Whats the temp in BIOS?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 weeks later...

Yes i'm sure the cooler is installed correctly, also did it again twice. My idle temps are also very high, around 50-60, however when i check the temps in the BIOS, it gives me around 30 degrees, but then there's almost no CPU load. When Windows starts, it begins around 30 degrees and then quickly raises up to 40, 50, 60 Idle and when i'm rendering a video and my CPU is at 100% load, the temperature raises up to 100 degrees. 

Yes, i'm also sure it's celcius. 

The cooler has no protective film. This problem occurred when i bought the Intel Core i5-7500. With my AMD FX-6300, the temps were normal (around 30 degrees idle).

1 hour ago, Martijn van Kekem said:

Yes i'm sure the cooler is installed correctly, also did it again twice. My idle temps are also very high, around 50-60, however when i check the temps in the BIOS, it gives me around 30 degrees, but then there's almost no CPU load. When Windows starts, it begins around 30 degrees and then quickly raises up to 40, 50, 60 Idle and when i'm rendering a video and my CPU is at 100% load, the temperature raises up to 100 degrees. 

Yes, i'm also sure it's celcius. 

The cooler has no protective film. This problem occurred when i bought the Intel Core i5-7500. With my AMD FX-6300, the temps were normal (around 30 degrees idle).

What are your specs and what are you using to monitor your temps?

Did you make sure to mount the heatsink evenly by incrementally tightening the screws?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 hours ago, Martijn van Kekem said:

If it stays at 30C in BIOS (like over 15-30min), cooler should be working properly and be properly mounted. I got i5-4460 to 56C with loose stock cooler just in BIOS (before I shut it down and tried again). Could you post screenshot with temps, rpms and CPU load showing?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv