Phone charging extremely slow

Destius

I have a Vodafone smart prime 6 and today as I put it to charge it was around 20-30% after around 4-5hours it was at 41% and said it needed 7hours to finish charging . I thought it was kind of odd but I though eh it probably is nothing. Then after another 3 hours charging the phone was at 44% saying that 34hours are needed to be fully charged. 34 HOURS???that is surely not normal any ideas?

use a 1a/2.4a charger (not your pc basically)

use another charging cable

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Just now, themctipers said:

use a 1a/2.4a charger (not your pc basically)

at 500mA, that battery should be full in 5-6 hours, not 34 o.O

2 minutes ago, Fisting Master said:

I have a Vodafone smart prime 6 and today as I put it to charge it was around 20-30% after around 4-5hours it was at 41% and said it needed 7hours to finish charging . I thought it was kind of odd but I though eh it probably is nothing. Then after another 3 hours charging the phone was at 44% saying that 34hours are needed to be fully charged. 34 HOURS???that is surely not normal any ideas?

charge it with a 2.4A wall charger

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just now, manikyath said:

at 500ma, my phone discharges while idle.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

i'd call that a phone problem.. your phone doesnt need more than 2.5 watts on idle.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

I plugged my LG G4 into a 500mA charger overnight, and it wasn't even close to full in the morning.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

i'd call that a phone problem.. your phone doesnt need more than 2.5 watts on idle.

Not really.

if he receives lots of emails, messages, etc. or just has a lot of crap running in the background, it could use more than 2.5 watts with ease.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

random background services + pinging to Spotify servers here and there since I use it as a media device + using a 2m lightning cable

its not discharging at like 1% every few minutes, it discharges at 1% every few hours :P 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

random background services + pinging to Spotify servers here and there since I use it as a media device + using a 2m lightning cable

a phone problem then ;)

a phone problem then ;)

the problem is in the person who uses the phone, not the phone itself.

but again, 500ma

who the fuck charges with 500ma?

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

its not discharging at like 1% every few minutes, it discharges at 1% every few hours :P 

10 minutes ago, themctipers said:

I am charging with a normal phone charger and yesterday it was fine today as you can see not so good

Just now, Fisting Master said:

I am charging with a normal phone charger and yesterday it was fine today as you can see not so good

use another one ..

also your name, xD 

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

use another one ..

also your name, xD 

The charger says output 5.0V 1.0A and the name is dirty

Just now, Fisting Master said:

The charger says output 5.0V 1.0A and the name is dirty

use another one ..

random third party ones ive used were always shit :P (not saying they're all bad, just the noname ones that ive used before)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Like every1 else is saying try to use another charger. It could just be that your charger is faulty

Hello

3 hours ago, TAHIRMIA said:

Like every1 else is saying try to use another charger. It could just be that your charger is faulty

But the charger can charge any phone in normal speeds

3 hours ago, Fisting Master said:

But the charger can charge any phone in normal speeds

Just try another charger. If that doesn't work and your battery is removable order a new one from eBay or a parts store of your choice. Maybe the battery is faulty

Hello

1 minute ago, L.Lawliet said:

It can be :
1.Your battery is giving up
2.Your charger or your charger cable

Or try charger with a higher Ampere like  2.1a charger see if thats work usually it worked

Well now its fixed faulty charger apparently got another charger works like a charm. :D