Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III Open Beta live. pre-order also 25% off

Dealzon

Today at 10AM Pacific the open beta to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III goes live. Free beta signup here. If the game looks good it also has discounts from a few retailers up to 25% off.

• Deals listed by Dealzon help support LMG / Linus Tech Tips
  • More PC game deals here
  • Latest PC game retailers sales here

On 21/04/2017 at 4:50 PM, Dealzon said:

Today at 10AM Pacific the open beta to Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III goes live. Free beta signup here. If the game looks good it also has discounts from a few retailers up to 25% off.

I purchased the Collectors Edition in February which got delivered yesterday. About US$120 here in the UK.

Anyway, its full of memory leaks (I'm running 64 GB of Corsair Dominator Platinium FFS and should not be running out of memory). I've been crashing on specific menu screens. Watched in task manager as memory usage went to 100% time and again. On a 64GB machine thats not normal!

Anyway. Fuming.

I'm also not happy that the PC game industry AAA titles are being ruined by obviously console ported games rather than PC specific game design.

XCOM 2 was the last game that I got where I thought this is more like it.

Batman Arkham Knight.

Space Hulk: Deathwing.

Now this. All obviously poor unfinished console ports.

Not a happy bunny.

My machine is a HASWELL-E i7 5930k and 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinium 3200Mhz

x2 Asus 980Ti in SLI.

The fact I cannot run on max like alot of other people running 1080Ti and similar along with the memory leaks says that its poor game design/QC that is the issue.

They better sort it. No where near the standard (yet) of DoW 1 (sequels) or DoW 2 (+ sequels).

My Rig "Valiant"  Intel® Core™ i7-5930 @3.5GHz ; Asus X99 DELUXE 3.1 ; Corsair H110i ; Corsair Dominator Platinium 64GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 ; 2 x 6GB ASUS NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980 Ti Strix ; Corsair Obsidian Series 900D ; Samsung 950 Pro NVME + Samsung 850 Pro SATA + HDD Western Digital Black - 2TB ; Corsair AX1500i Professional 80 PLUS Titanium ; x3 Samsung S27D850T 27-Inch WQHD Monitor