Rooting an android.

Zack_Hill

Is it possible to root Android Marshmellow (6.0.1) and install Andrew Nougat? If so, is it easy to do?

Thanks,

Zack 

WHat phone?

Just now, Abyss Gaming said:

By Android Nougat do you mean a custom ROM?

I'm not familiar with that term. What I was is to install Android 7 on this phone, as I don't think that there will be an update for it. Will a custom ROM allow me to do that? Thanks :).

Just now, Zack_Hill said:

I'm not familiar with that term. What I was is to install Android 7 on this phone, as I don't think that there will be an update for it. Will a custom ROM allow me to do that? Thanks :).

Yea that's what a custom ROM does. On XDA I can't seem to find anything on your phone... let me look a little more. For my phone I didn't have to root to install custom ROM as they come pre rooted (basically a community developer makes them so they could be unstable but most likely not, mines fine )

More or less every device (or at least group of similar devices) has its own root methods. It's dependent on your device, not your version of Android. It is theoretically possible to get root and install a custom version of Android 7.0, sure.

Having rooted and installed Cyanogenmod on two different devices I never felt it was particularly easy to do. The guides I've used have usually been pretty complicated, and of course there is the loss of warranty support and the potential to brick the device. But that said, it's always worked out fine for me. So, as long as you've got the stomach for reading guides and experimenting a bit, I wouldn't steer you away from it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-2

I'd start here to look for guides and so forth. I'm seeing people claim the Le S3 is the same device as the Le 2, but I'd make sure you double-check that as its very important you install a ROM meant for your particular device.

1 minute ago, typographie said:

More or less every device (or at least group of similar devices) has its own root methods. It's dependent on your device, not your version of Android. It is theoretically possible to get root and install a custom version of Android 7.0, sure.

Having rooted and installed Cyanogenmod on two different devices I never felt it was particularly easy to do. The guides I've used have usually been pretty complicated, and of course there is the loss of warranty support and the potential to brick the device. But that said, I've always had success. So, as long as you've got the stomach for reading guides and experimenting a bit, I wouldn't steer you away from it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-2

I'd start here to look for guides and so forth. I'm seeing people claim the Le S3 is the same device as the Le 2, but I'd make sure you double-check that as its very important you install a ROM meant for your particular device.

Hello,

The LeS3 - from what I can tell - is just the US version of the phone. I'm fairly certain they're the exact same thing under the hood. 

2 minutes ago, Zack_Hill said:

Hello,

The LeS3 - from what I can tell - is just the US version of the phone. I'm fairly certain they're the exact same thing under the hood. 

https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-2/development/rom-lineageos-leeco-le2-t3541959

This is what you are looking for I believe, as long as the Le2 is the same as the Le 3; BTW it deletes all of your data when you install a custom ROM

1 minute ago, Abyss Gaming said:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/le-2/development/rom-lineageos-leeco-le2-t3541959

This is what you are looking for I believe, as long as the Le2 is the same as the Le 3; BTW it deletes all of your data when you install a custom ROM

Hello,

The LeS3 and the Le 2 share the same "X552" so I think we're good to go. Thanks for everyone who helped!