Cryorig H7 Fan Orientation and 120mm case fan placement

IAR117

So there's the orientation my CPU coolers' fans. Also of I have this- pic below, setup, should I just ditch my 120mm fan next to the H7? Or is it going to be useful there? Thanks

3 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

So there's the orientation my CPU coolers' fans. Also of I have this- pic below, setup, should I just ditch my 120mm fan next to the H7? Or is it going to be useful there? Thanks

Not sure I get your question.

Make sure the fan is intaking air from the front of your PC and exhausting towards the exhaust fan out the back.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Just now, Blackhole890 said:

no pic is shown :P 

tru lmao I was going to take a pic with my phone but it has decided to die. Basically the fan is currently facing the GPU.The case fan is to the heatsink's right, as in really close to it. I was wondering if it would be useful in that position

3 minutes ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Not sure I get your question.

Make sure the fan is intaking air from the front of your PC and exhausting towards the exhaust fan out the back.

I have a GPU radiator in the front as well as a 120mm fan just above it.

Update: facing the fan towards ram doesn't work. So now it's a question of fan facing left or right

3 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

I have a GPU radiator in the front as well as a 120mm fan just above it.

If you're taking air in from the front and exhausting out the back it would be best to have your CPU cooler airflow follow that path, so with the fan mounted vertically pushing air through the cooler towards the back of the case.

Does you mum know you're here?

Just now, VVoltor said:

If you're taking air in from the front and exhausting out the back it would be best to have your CPU cooler airflow follow that path, so with the fan mounted vertically pushing air through the cooler towards the back of the case.

Ok thanks for the great explanation, But from that question do I place the fan so that it faces the RAM or opposite?

8 minutes ago, Zomicron said:

Have the CPU cooler fan on the RAM side pushing air through the cooler towards the back. Also, what case do you have?

I think taht it's in my specs list. Anyway it's a P400s TG

4 minutes ago, Zomicron said:

As in blowing towards the ram, or just on the ride side of the cooler? Is this because of the height of the ram?

I don't think it was designed to fit as you've described as it is supposed universal, yet the fan blocks the ram and therefore the mounting bracket

3 hours ago, IAR117 said:

I don't think it was designed to fit as you've described as it is supposed universal, yet the fan blocks the ram and therefore the mounting bracket

Can you post a photo of what you're referring to? If the fan is blocking the ram, you probably flipped the heatsink the wrong way when installing.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.