1080 Ti Voltage/Freq. Curve OCing

Anagram

I've been trying to follow this thread on how to OC with the curve but I have a lack of understanding on how this works. Do I start the OC at 1032mV (mine shows 1031mV) by pushing it as far as it can go? For example: https://puu.sh/vklO4/093116cc8f.png Then move to the next mV line and do the same for the rest like this? https://puu.sh/vklRl/f7efe96777.png

Also, whenever I try to apply the result, it shifts my points to random places instead of where I set it as.

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

Watch jayztwocents' video on Pascal overclocking. Also just play around with it, it took me a few minutes to go from not knowing what's going on at all to finding my max OC at better temps than just offset. 

That's an F in the profile pic

5 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

Watch jayztwocents' video on Pascal overclocking. Also just play around with it, it took me a few minutes to go from not knowing what's going on at all to finding my max OC at better temps than just offset. 

Should I be using Precision or does afterburner curve work exactly the same way?

CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 4.4Ghz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Black | GPU: Asus Strix 1080 Ti | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO | PSU: Seasonic 80+ Platinum 1000W | Display: ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q Cooling: Corsair H100i GT | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Audio: Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium with O2 DAC/AMP

2 minutes ago, Anagram said:

Should I be using Precision or does afterburner curve work exactly the same way?

I used Afterburner since it was more stable (for me at least) and the functionality is exactly the same. Use your favourite one

9 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

I used Afterburner since it was more stable (for me at least) and the functionality is exactly the same. Use your favourite one

Okay. Is it normal to constantly hit 1 on the power limit graph in benchmarks even though I upped the voltage and power limit to 120%?

Also, Precision doesn't do this but when I hit apply on afterburner it changes the whole curve despite only moving 1 point. What's the deal with that? How do I make it so it only makes changes to the points I move?

4 hours ago, Anagram said:

Okay. Is it normal to constantly hit 1 on the power limit graph in benchmarks even though I upped the voltage and power limit to 120%?

Also, Precision doesn't do this but when I hit apply on afterburner it changes the whole curve despite only moving 1 point. What's the deal with that? How do I make it so it only makes changes to the points I move?

You're hitting the power limit because you upped the voltage limit, which (if I understand correctly) just adds voltage to the voltage point. The purpose of the voltage step OC is so you customise at what voltage you hit your max OC. So now you're running at max voltage and hitting the power limit, which will just throttle and rapidly change between steps. 

Pascal works so that when it hits 60C it'll go down a 'step' and keep going as temps get higher so that the throttling isn't noticeable. So running a lower voltage/temperature will actually get you higher clock since it's running constantly at the same step Elon your set highest frequency

I'm not sure what you're changing, but the point at which your frequency is highest on the curve is where it'll cap itself, and the curve after that will flatten itself. It shouldn't push a higher voltage because there's no benefit. Just use Precision if that's what you like.

Pascal maxes out at 1.093v, so find your max OC for that point, then step down the notches in voltage until it crashes

Unless you shunt mod - the best overclock is on +0mv thanks to the TDP wall.

there are are a few games/engines that don't load the card very well and a higher voltage helps performance in the absence of a power limit.

using a custom boost curve can squeeze a tiny bit more but it does take time to stability test every voltage incriment. Personally I just run a fixed offset of +190 in games.

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.