Is the Samsung EVO select micro sd card good enough for the Switch or would the Pro version be better?

Bleedingyamato

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_in_-2_p_6_4?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A172456%2Cn%3A516866%2Cn%3A3015433011%2Ck%3Amicro+sd+card%2Cp_89%3ASamsung%2Cp_6%3AATVPDKIKX0DER&bbn=3015433011&keywords=micro+sd+card&ie=UTF8&qid=1491874858&rnid=303116011

The write speed seems a lot higher for the Pro but I'm curious if the EVO version is good enough.

Also, is it right that the EVO has a 10 year warranty vs 5 for the Pro version?

• 2 weeks later...

Digital Foundry did a video comparing load times between internal memory, cart, and SD cards. The take away was that anything faster than UHS-I gives no benefit 

EDIT: they didn't mention write speeds. My bad

1 hour ago, ROYSTURRR said:

Digital Foundry did a video comparing load times between internal memory, cart, and SD cards. The take away was that anything faster than UHS-I gives no benefit 

EDIT: they didn't mention write speeds. My bad

Good to know.  Thank you.  ?

Good thing I got the 128GB Evo Select then.  It seemed like a good card and for $40 USD on Amazon a good price too.  

I assume that for DSLR cameras or other uses where very high write speeds are important that the Pro or similar cards would be needed but I'm confident the Evo Select will be a good fit for the Nintendo Switch.  

On 4/19/2017 at 4:35 AM, Bleedingyamato said:

Good to know.  Thank you.  ?

Good thing I got the 128GB Evo Select then.  It seemed like a good card and for $40 USD on Amazon a good price too.  

I assume that for DSLR cameras or other uses where very high write speeds are important that the Pro or similar cards would be needed but I'm confident the Evo Select will be a good fit for the Nintendo Switch.  

It is also the same card that Nintendo demoed with during the reveal of the system. I think they showed the 256GB model, just to say "Hey it support up to 2TB!, but here is the largest we could find: 256GB and works great!" basically. So obviously Nintendo did its testing for it, you should have not compatibility issue to worry about, and should perform pretty great.

25 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

It is also the same card that Nintendo demoed with during the reveal of the system. I think they showed the 256GB model, just to say "Hey it support up to 2TB!, but here is the largest we could find: 256GB and works great!" basically. So obviously Nintendo did its testing for it, you should have not compatibility issue to worry about, and should perform pretty great.

Seems to be so far.  

Loving the Switch.  It gets a bit toasty while docked but playing Breath of the Wild on it is everything I could've hoped for.  ?

3 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Seems to be so far.  

Loving the Switch.  It gets a bit toasty while docked but playing Breath of the Wild on it is everything I could've hoped for.  ?

I make toast with it... why do you think it it a toaster design :P

2 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I make toast with it... why di you think it it a toaster design :P

Oh Godoka it does look a bit like a toaster.  ? lol