LG V20 Audio Review

RGProductions

I just got my new V20 and I can tell you right now that I love it. my favorite part is the audio which makes it stand out from all the other high end phones. This review is focused only on audio, but I can confirm that everything else is great as well. It will be split into 3 parts, recording audio, audio from the built in speaker, and the all important one: The headphone jack.

Recording audio:

This phone blew me away with audio quality from the mic. It honestly sounds very good, and I feel like the average person wouldn't really hear much of a difference between this recorded well and the blue snowball. This video below shows the audio quality, sorry for the festive song, but this was the only thing I could find that I felt accurately represented how good this is. Score 9/10

Built in speaker:

I'm not one to use speakers too often, but these sounds nearly as good as any Bluetooth speaker I've used recently, and just as good as the Logitech Z200 system without a sub. This scores an solid 8/10, and would've been a 10/10 if it had been stereo front facing speakers rather than a mono bottom firing one.

Headphone Jack:

Now for the exciting part: the headphone jack. This will be divided into 2 subcategories, quad DAC off, and with it on.

-Quad DAC off

This honestly isn't great here.Volume has to be put stupidly high (90/100) to get volume to be enough for my 668bs at normal listening level. Even then, audio is sub-par, and even not enjoyable in some songs. The only reason to even have this is to get better battery life

-Quad DAC on!

None of that even matters! The quad DAC is excellent! It is around 15/100 to power the 668bs, and I'm normally a 60/100 guy. Audio is better than my FiiO Eo7k with everything from 128kbps AAC files to 4 mbps flac ones. It soudns absolutely superb! The only thing is it consumes power rather quickly.

Conclusion:

This is by far and away the best phone I've ever heard. Excuse me, I'm going to go listen to music for 3 more hours...

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro