Mounting a Sony Lens on Nikon body

Hey,

I have a Sony Alpha 37 currently, and want to upgrade to a Nikon D5300. I already have two lenses for the Sony, an 18 - 55 Default lens and a SIGMA DG 70 - 300 lens.

Can I use these lenses on the new Nikon using an adapter? If so which one?

Aditya K. Arun / redscape photo and video.

Photography, Tech enthusiast.

500px.com/redscape_

Instagram: redscape_

32 minutes ago, Red____14 said:

Hey,

I have a Sony Alpha 37 currently, and want to upgrade to a Nikon D5300. I already have two lenses for the Sony, an 18 - 55 Default lens and a SIGMA DG 70 - 300 lens.

Can I use these lenses on the new Nikon using an adapter? If so which one?

What's the flange distances of your lenses compared to Nikon?

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins

The a37 is a translucent mirror thing right? Then you probably can't use the lenses on the nikon, and even if you could, they would  perform quite badly.  You might be able to find some knockoff adapters in ebay, but I wouldn't do it if I were you. Your lenses aren't great enough to consider getting an expensive adapter if one exists either. Just get the d5300 with the kit lens and buy a used 70-300, they should be quite cheap judging from canon equivalent prices. 

6700k|Hyper 212 EVO|Asus Z170 Deluxe|GTX970 STRIX|16gb 2400mhz Teamgroup memory|Samsung 950 PRO+ 2TB Seagate HDD| CM Realpower M1000|H440

"The tragedy of the poor is the poverty of their aspirations" Adam Smith

Take a look at my flickr?:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/150012948@N06/

Try to sell off the lenses. They are not worth the hassel to try and mount them. And I highly doubt it would work tbh. Better of getting native Nikon glass. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"