Asus 970 North Headbridge HOT AF

Hello, today i was playing some Rainbow 6 siege on low settings and my pc was handling it fine. Then all of a sudden the pc shutdown out of nowhere. I investigated and everything seemed cool and fine. The PSU is working fine, the graphics card was only under 50% load and so was the cpu. I opted to replace the thermal compound between my h80i v2 and my FX-8320. I felt around the case and found that the heat sink on the north bridge, in-between the Cpu and PCI slots is very hot and too hot to hold a finger there for more than 3 seconds. But in my OHM and Corsair link the mobo is only reading 34-40 Degrees Celsius Max! I know its king of a dead zone for much airflow in my case. Is this normal? And has anyone had this issue? I have 2 intake fans in the front and the H80 as my exhaust. was thinking of moving on to the top of the case to push airflow to the ram dims since the bottom case fan in pretty blocked by unmovable drive cages. Why the hell did my pc do that? And how do i cool this section of the mobo or is this normal?

FX-8320
H80i V2 Cooler. 
Asus 970 Pro gaming Aura
1050 Ti EVGA SSC
450W EVGA B+
2 600GB Toshiba drives

Any ideas as to why the game makes my pc shut down?

24 minutes ago, LeStringMan said:

This is normal, 970, 990X, and 990FX chipsets run pretty warm.

Speaking french to me, i havent overclocked a single thing in this computer. The only setting ive touched related to that is the auto overclocker for the cpu. Otherwise, i ahve since found a even ground between the chips. I moved a 120 mm fan to the top of my case blowing air in its general location. Its a dc fan and im opting for a total of 4 more Noctua fans 2 at the top and 2 on the side to provide more airflow. After more research other build with the (970 chipset) run warm aswell. The highests its reached is 47 Degrees under 100 percent load. I'll do some more investigating and see!