Trying to Upgrade a Pre-Built HP PC

Hey guys, I've been trying to upgrade my gf's PC so that she and I can play some games together. The problem is, her PC doesn't seem to be cooperating. I'm trying to introduce a Zotac GTX 1060 3Gb mini into a prebuilt HP model  550-150qe. I have a 430W powering the system, however after installing the appropriate drivers normal operation is plagued with stuttering issues. Tried Overwatch, wouldn't even open... Help me

Pre-Built PC's often have shitty power supplies, are you currently using the stock power supply?

430W is the power that is pulled from the wall, but a cheap PSU with bad efficiency won't deliver nearly that to the system.

4 minutes ago, satiresite said:

Pre-Built PC's often have shitty power supplies, are you currently using the stock power supply?

Just now, stefanDB said:

430W is the power that is pulled from the wall, but a cheap PSU with bad efficiency won't deliver nearly that to the system.

How come stuttering means a bad PSU? I only heard crashes from it not stuttering

Speculation, you've only heard of. That doesn't mean it's fact. 

Dunno what cpu that machine has but I wouldnt think that anything more than an rx 460 or 1050 ti at most would make sense. 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido