Razer switch from new manufacture

TechGeekk

Anyone who experienced the new switch on the razer chroma v2 here? Can you guys tell me if there is much durability improvement

It's probably shit, like most of Razer's switches. The old ones were manufactured by Khailua, since mid 2016 it's Khailua/Greetech. The Greetech switches are significantly better than the older Khail ones but it's generally worse than similar Cherry switches. 

The Greens are most like MX Blues, the Orange switches are most like MX Browns, and the new Yellow switches are a direct competitor to the MX Speed Silver switches featured in Corsair's K70 and STRAFE keyboards. 

idk

7 minutes ago, TechGeekk said:

razer

durability? razer? 

jokes aside razer product usually don't last long due to poor design and build quality issues.

Yeah razer was very well known for its durability issues, but I thought there would be much improvements from the new manufacturer. Well, I guess romer g and cherry mxs are the only 2 on my list now

Just now, TechGeekk said:

Yeah razer was very well known for its durability issues, but I thought there would be much improvements from the new manufacturer. Well, I guess romer g and cherry mxs are the only 2 on my list now

Well, the Greetech ones last longer than cherry but the springs have their quirks and people are commonly having issues with the springs rusting inside the switch, even after a year.

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Well, the Greetech ones last longer than cherry but the springs have their quirks and people are commonly having issues with the springs rusting inside the switch, even after a year.

To me, having those issues just means that they don't last long

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

durability? razer? 

jokes aside razer product usually don't last long due to poor design and build quality issues.

razers durability is fine i've had my keyboard for about 7-8 years now and i've poured a lot of coffees and energy drinks on to by accident as well the only razer product ive broken was my razer naga epic which i poured an energy drink onto and that got fried due to its internal battery. but that was me breaking it not anything to do with razer

Just now, Alaradia said:

razers durability is fine i've had my keyboard for about 7-8 years now and i've poured a lot of coffees and energy drinks on to by accident as well the only razer product ive broken was my razer naga epic which i poured an energy drink onto and that got fried due to its internal battery. but that was me breaking it not anything to do with razer

Razer in 2013 pretty much realised they can get away with selling anything as long as it has lights and their logo. 

(eg, BlackWidow Chroma with their shit switches, DeathAdder with double click issue, Razer Blade full stop)

Before 2013 Razer stuff is good quality, and that's really their 'golden days'. The newer stuff is cheaply built, expensive, and overall mostly stuff that should be avoided.

idk

2 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

if you look through forum most people will disagree with you about your quality opinion, razer has been known for poor quality. 

2 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

razer naga epic

my friend went through 6 of those in span of a year, you got lucky.  

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

if you look through forum most people will disagree with you about your quality opinion, razer has been known for poor quality. 

my friend went through 6 of those in span of a year, you got lucky.  

i think your friend is just abusive with his mouse i had mine for about 6 years and now i have the new one as well and its also been fine

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Razer in 2013 pretty much realised they can get away with selling anything as long as it has lights and their logo. 

(eg, BlackWidow Chroma with their shit switches, DeathAdder with double click issue, Razer Blade full stop)

Before 2013 Razer stuff is good quality, and that's really their 'golden days'. The newer stuff is cheaply built, expensive, and overall mostly stuff that should be avoided.

i've had a blackwidow tournament edition for about 1 year now with green switches and it has also been fine

Just now, Alaradia said:

i think your friend is just abusive with his mouse i had mine for about 6 years and now i have the new one as well and its also been fine

that's cool, his mx masters lasted him for a long time, i guess good build quality is something that can take a bit of "abuse" or using it normally. 

Just now, Alaradia said:

1 year now 

and watch it break within the next 6 months. they're not built for longevity anymore

idk

13 minutes ago, Alaradia said:

i've had a blackwidow tournament edition for about 1 year now with green switches and it has also been fine

xD I'm no fanboi but the amount of abuse heaped on my MX master and K70?  Razer products don't stand a chance. 

I got my brother a deathstalker because he doesn't like mechanical, let me just say it's exactly what it is - a flimsy membrane that cost the same as my K70 rgb that looks older than my OG K70, complete with tramp stamp.

I give it a 99/100, Look out for ghandi cus he just went democracy 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

5 minutes ago, Damascus said:

xD I'm no fanboi but the amount of abuse heaped on my MX master and K70?  Razer products don't stand a chance. 

I got my brother a deathstalker because he doesn't like mechanical, let me just say it's exactly what it is - a flimsy membrane that cost the same as my K70 rgb that looks older than my OG K70, complete with tramp stamp.

I give it a 99/100, Look out for ghandi cus he just went democracy 

My strafe has been covered in around 650ml of water, took the keycaps off, took the rest off, flipped it upside down and put it on the balcony. 

3 hours later I come back and bam, it fucking works. 

Now that. That's what I call a quality product. 

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

3 hours later I come back and bam, it fucking works. . 

Logitech has my mouse money but Corsair has my keyboard loyalty.  The best thing about it?  My 3 year old keyboard still goes for around 140 CAD, meaning I can save that if I get a K95 Platinum or even just a newer gen k70

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I spilt a whole cup of coffee in my corsair K70 Vengeance - a year ago 

after about 20 min it was so sticky the switches would move .

I decided the keyboard was done  and ready to throw away so I took it to the bathroom and held it under the tap for about 3 min and pressed all the switches to completely wash out the coffee - i literally gave the keyboard a bath.

after towel drying it and shaking out as much water as I could by hand  - I took a plastic bag and put a handful of rice in and the put the keyboard in and left it to dry for about 2 days .

to my surprise the keyboard worked perfectly upon plugging it in and still works perfectly today - all the LED still work and ALL the switches work perfectly - 

This happened a year ago and the Keyboard is still going strong and probably will for years to come - 

Moral of the Story - cherry MX switches are the best - PERIOD - corsair build quality is proven .

on the other hand my black widow chroma ( 2014 ) switches started breaking after about 8 months of use - some of the switches stopped clicking  - and the key wobble on the switches is horrible .

I like the blackwidow design but i have to say - the switches are not built with quality in mind - the tolerances are crap and the stems and keycaps don't fit snugly and this causes terrible key wobble 

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU

3 minutes ago, Aytex said:

You could always go gateron :D 

Shut up, SteelSeries. 

Literally all their switches branded SteelSeries are Gaterons.. 

idk

Just now, Aytex said:

Gateron>Cherry circlejerk

what are you, fucking gayteron? 

idk

• 9 months later...
On 3/24/2017 at 7:09 AM, Droidbot said:

It's probably shit, like most of Razer's switches. The old ones were manufactured by Khailua, since mid 2016 it's Khailua/Greetech. The Greetech switches are significantly better than the older Khail ones but it's generally worse than similar Cherry switches. 

The Greens are most like MX Blues, the Orange switches are most like MX Browns, and the new Yellow switches are a direct competitor to the MX Speed Silver switches featured in Corsair's K70 and STRAFE keyboards. 

Before I comment on the new 2017 Green switches from Razer - I would like to state clearly that I hated the old ( Khail ) Razer Greens due to their inconsistency and failure to click after a few months of use .

I own a 2014 Blackwidow Chroma and I recently bought a 2017 Blackwidow Chroma V2 - Here are my thoughts .

Straight off the bat - the older Razer Greens are not the same as the NEW Razer Greens . - they are VERY different.

I remember my initial thought on using my first Blackwidow Chroma thinking to myself that there were differences in sound and feel across the entire keyboard - not to mention EXTREME key wobble .

at the time of buying my first BW I hadn't had much experience with clicky Cherry blue keys so I just carried on as if this was normal -

a few months later some of the switches stopped clicking and started feeling like cherry browns - Then i happened to try out a cooler master with blues and I knew something was wrong -

tha's when I wised up and shelved the Original BW Chroma and started using a corsair K70 Rapidfire -

Fast forward to the present

A few weeks ago I walked into my local PC  store and someone was in the process of unboxing and trying out a new Blackwidow Chroma V2 - i was intrigued so I asked if it was ok if I tried it out as well -

I was literally blown away at how much better the feel and consistency of the switches was compared to my older 2014 edition.

I bought one on the spot -

I have no reservations in recommending the Blackwidow Chroma V2 to anyone out there - I'm sure there might be a few people that got sub par products - it happens - but I def have a great keyboard that has dethroned the K70 Rapidfire RGB permanantly -

also I happen to like loud clicky switches

The new Razer Greens are manufactured by Greetech and are VASTLY superior to the original Khail Razer Greens in the first version of the Blackwidow Chroma .

FWIT - I live in South Africa and have no affiliation to Razer or any other retailer whatsoever - I'm a normal PC gamer that happens to like mechanical keyboards so this is not a hyped up review .

I can testify that the consistency , feel , clicking sound etc...is even across the entire keyboard - Very good build quality all round -

If I could change one thing on this keyboard - it would be to place the usb passthrough and headphone jack on the rear of the keyboard instead of on the right hand side as this can lead to something breaking if u gaming and have a usb memory stick plugged in close to your right ( mouse ) hand .

Other than that - I highly recommend checking out the Blackwidow V2

I also have to mention that there is some slight key wobble to the Razer greens compared to the cherry switches i've used - 

This is very minor and it doesn't bother me at all -but I have to admit - 

the cherry switch tolerance in manufacture is second to none - 

after a bit of testing it seems the key stems are a bit looser on the Razer switches compared to cherry switches . - like i said earlier this is very minor but if you're planning on getting a BW V2 go into a store if you can and test one side bt side with a corsair with cherry MX switches and see which you prefer .

Personally I love clicky switches and am completely satisfied with the BW V2 - 

time will tell if the switches stay as they are and the consistency lasts across the board 

I'll re post next year after a few months use and report my experience with the durability of the click and consistency of the switches.

so far I absolutely Love the BW V2 .

I7 8700K - 4.7 OC , Asrock Z370 Extreme4 MB, MSI GTX 970 ,  NZXT H440 , Corsair H110 , 16gig Balistix ram  , Razer Huntsman Elite - Razer Purple Opto-Mechanical Key Switches  -   , Logitech G502 , Samsung 850 Pro bootup drive, Antec Edge 750 modular PSU