Q's about new Win10 system without CDK

TheOnlyLamb

So im gonna build my PC and im thinking for the future now. Ive heard and known that you can boot the win10 with a usb and you can choose to not type in the CDK and set up the system...... So what are the differences? With CDK:::::::    AND WITHOUT CDK. Feel free to correct anything I say or said.

cdk is cd key for anybody confused as fuck by this post like I was at first

you can install without a licence key but you will have a permanent 'activate windows' watermark over everything and you can't customise the operating system, like desktop background, etc.

idk

4 minutes ago, TheOnlyLamb said:

So im gonna build my PC and im thinking for the future now. Ive heard and known that you can boot the win10 with a usb and you can choose to not type in the CDK and set up the system...... So what are the differences? With CDK:::::::    AND WITHOUT CDK. Feel free to correct anything I say or said.

it just be a 30 day trial good way to test the machine. after the 30 days it probably have a permanent popup asking for a key (never let it get that fair)

Okay. And another one. If i already have a win10 and i have the cdk for that. Can I transfer it to another computer. (I am willing to ditch the one that had the CDK originaly)

8 minutes ago, TheOnlyLamb said:

Okay. And another one. If i already have a win10 and i have the cdk for that. Can I transfer it to another computer. (I am willing to ditch the one that had the CDK originaly)

if it is a RETAIL license then yes. If it is an OEM license then no....

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

if it is a RETAIL license then yes. If it is an OEM license then no....

Whats a OEM license and what are the differences.......

Just now, TheOnlyLamb said:

Where did you buy your key?

RETAIL licenses can be re-installed on ANY PC hardware configuration.

The Key can be only used on 1 PC at any given time.

OEM licenses can be installed and re-installed on THE PC hardware configuration that it was setup on.

The Key cannot be activated on PC hardware (specifically motherboard + cpu) other than what it was originally installed on.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, TheOnlyLamb said:

OEM - distributed with a new PC built by a manufacturer. linked to hardware. single use, but can be reactivated by microsoft if you ask really nicely

Retail - bought at a retail outlet in a box with a USB drive (in the case of Win10)

idk

Where did you buy your key?

RETAIL licenses can be re-installed on ANY PC hardware configuration.

The Key can be only used on 1 PC at any given time.

OEM licenses can be installed and re-installed on THE PC hardware configuration that it was setup on.

The Key cannot be activated on PC hardware (specifically motherboard + cpu) other than what it was originally installed on.

Okay I know im a dumbass but alienware... Yes I know... Sad

Just now, Droidbot said:

OEM - distributed with a new PC built by a manufacturer. linked to hardware. single use, but can be reactivated by microsoft if you ask really nicely

These are also sold at some retail and online outlets.....

Just now, Droidbot said:

Retail - bought at a retail outlet in a box with a USB drive (in the case of Win10)

But if I ask nicely will they actually do it?

possibly. You'll need to contact support and ask them.

possibly. You'll need to contact support and ask them.

The Alienware support or microsoft?

probably, just be nice, friendly, and hold your composure on the phone.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

These are also sold at some retail and online outlets.....

The manufacturer doesn't have to be big like HP or Dell, the manufacturer can be you, because you assembled/made the machine :P

idk

Just now, Droidbot said:

probably, just be nice, friendly, and hold your composure on the phone.

The manufacturer doesn't have to be big like HP or Dell, the manufacturer can be you, because you assembled/made the machine :P

Which SUPPORT DO I CALLLL MICROSOFT OR ALIENWARE

1 minute ago, TheOnlyLamb said:

Which SUPPORT DO I CALLLL MICROSOFT OR ALIENWARE

Microsoft, obviously. Alienware just build the hardware.

idk

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

Microsoft, obviously. Alienware just build the hardware.

How nice to I have to be? Do I have to offer my virginity? WIll that work? Im actually concerned. I dont want to spend a extra wopping 120$CAD D:

3 hours ago, TheOnlyLamb said:

Okay I know im a dumbass but alienware... Yes I know... Sad

Why? There is nothing wrong with Alienware. People will always complain "oh they are overpriced"... they are not. You save the heavy time in you doing extensive research in building your system and ensure max compatibility, build the system, and any research time on how to build one, and troubleshooting time. It's a fine brand in general. They are FAR worse. Sure they might have a few exception of bad models configuration or design issues, but in general it is fine. They have a decently good warranty service too compared to other OEMs. It's not Logitech or nice brands like this with exceptional local service, but all in all it is ok.

20 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Why? There is nothing wrong with Alienware. People will always complain "oh they are overpriced"... they are not. You save the heavy time in you doing extensive research in building your system and ensure max compatibility, build the system, and any research time on how to build one, and troubleshooting time. It's a fine brand in general. They are FAR worse. Sure they might have a few exception of bad models configuration or design issues, but in general it is fine. They have a decently good warranty service too compared to other OEMs. It's not Logitech or nice brands like this with exceptional local service, but all in all it is ok.

MASTER BALL CAPTURING