Requirements for Asus Aura to work

It must be Asus Aura sync compatible else no

10 minutes ago, The Suspect said:

Will any rgb led strip with a 4 pin connector work with asus aura on asus motherboards. More specifically, will this strip be compatible with it? 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01NAIAHUE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those are RGBW units which use 5 pins and the Asus uses RGB 4 pin connections, you get theoretically wire your own SMD5050 RGB LED's and use it on the Asus header. The most important thing is to not overload the header  with too long of a strip of LED's. 

2 hours ago, The Suspect said:

Will any rgb led strip with a 4 pin connector work with asus aura on asus motherboards. More specifically, will this strip be compatible with it? 

Yes they will work.  ASUS pinout is Ground-G-R-B, which those are.  It's a standard pinout. as pictured below.

M8H-Alpha-FB-Post-Banner-1200x628-980x51

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Juan Visagie said:

It seems like thats what they are sying.. Is It 12v/2A per header?

Yeah, i actually bought a cheap chinese RGB 5050 strip with 30 leds/meter, wired it properly to match my case lights powered by Aura and it is more color accurate and brighter than the Phanteks strip

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Getting the same Mobo and CPU as you. Alos looking to do my own LEDs as i need 4x30+2x25+2x10cm with my case (Zalman Z11plus). That's why I am hoping its 2a per header as in 4a total.

2 hours ago, dave_k said:

Yeah, i actually bought a cheap chinese RGB 5050 strip with 30 leds/meter, wired it properly to match my case lights powered by Aura and it is more color accurate and brighter than the Phanteks strip

1 hour ago, Juan Visagie said:

Getting the same Mobo and CPU as you. Alos looking to do my own LEDs as i need 4x30+2x25+2x10cm with my case (Zalman Z11plus). That's why I am hoping its 2a per header as in 4a total.

OK Just ordered 5m 60LED/cm strip

4 minutes ago, Juan Visagie said:

OK Just ordered 5m 60LED/cm strip

Thata too much for one header and you need to rewire it to match the Aura header

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Just now, dave_k said:

Thata too much for one header and you need to rewire it to match the Aura header

LOL  yea know its to much.  Don't know if you know haw my case looks Zalman Z10 Plus.  The LED strip can be cut into pieces of 3 Leds. Gone ad a piece to each side of each Fin at the top.  Add to the front where the 5.25" supposed to be. Add under glow. and illuminate out of the front and rear side panel vent holes.

Wil post pics when I am done. Should be in Desember