AM3+ Motherboard

hi , i have a AM3 GA-78LMT-S2 rev 1.2 mini atx motherboard , fx-4300 vishera cpu , and 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730 (Gigabyte) gpu. I want to upgrade my cpu and gpu for gaming , not to happy with what i have now , im on a budget so was wondering any affordable cpu and gpu to mix in my system ? i also upgraded already my ram from 4 gb GEIL PC3 12800 CL 11-11-11-28 1.5 to  G.SKILL TridentX Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400 (PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model F3-2400C10D-16GTX ( wich already made  noticeble difference in speed and respond time when i start programs and browser ). im not sure what afordable cpu and gpu are there that perform better then what i have. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Capture.PNG

i also tried from bios to put the ram frequency to maximum of 2400 but for some reason it stops booting all the way and asks to press DEL to enter bios and modify and  i did that and i lowered to 1866 and in speccy prograsm shows me what you see in pic after i modify

well i dont want to spend more then 140 on cpu and 200 on gpu

Where are you located if I may ask?

You can pick up an FX 8000 series chip and see if you can push it a little and an RX 480 4GB for that money

idk

i live in New York and also im not sure if my PSU is gonna support them i have a 500 W PSU

2 minutes ago, idenline said:

i live in New York and also im not sure if my PSU is gonna support them i have a 500 W PSU

brand? wattage doesn't matter that much, it's the quality of the actual PSU

idk

3 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

brand? wattage doesn't matter that much, it's the quality of the actual PSU

Venus Power Series VN500W

6 minutes ago, idenline said:

Venus Power Series VN500W

The only experience I've had with Apevia PSUs is it legitimately burning up inside a system while it was running.

It was a hot day and all we could smell was a burning smell from somewhere on the PSU

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($146.79 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB XXX OC  Video Card  ($179.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.89 @ Newegg) 
Total: $373.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-11 20:21 EST-0500

Bit over your budget but it's an 8350 (8 cores at 4Ghz), an RX 480 8GB (with free DOOM!), and a 520W PSU from a reputable brand that will be able to handle the entire machine

idk

he doesn't need a cpu. it won't make a difference. the PS and the card are both shit. I agree with the card but I would get a 600watt PS with about 45amps to run the system.

the cpu, not good with that board. google it or look at newegg. I have one. no power delivery around cpu. made for a 95 watt cpu.

yeah, your biggest bottleneck in that system is that graphics card. GT 730 should have never gone to market for more than like $30... 

As suggested before my post, get a better quality PSU, and an RX 480.

Get this:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($174.69 @ OutletPC) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($39.99 @ Jet) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 470 4GB Triple X Video Card  ($148.98 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($46.89 @ Newegg) 
Total: $410.55
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-13 10:18 EDT-0400

You can reuse your RAM sticks....

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

On 12/03/2017 at 0:57 AM, idenline said:

well i dont want to spend more then 140 on cpu and 200 on gpu

I don't know if you have a CEX near you but you can get a used 8350 for under 100 and for the GPU I suggest a RX480 (choice of two 4GB and 8GB).

4 hours ago, <Aleks> said:

I don't know if you have a CEX near you but you can get a used 8350 for under 100 and for the GPU I suggest a RX480 (choice of two 4GB and 8GB).

A brand new i3 7100 for $95 would be a better choice than a used FX for $100.

39 minutes ago, TomR said:

A brand new i3 7100 for $95 would be a better choice than a used FX for $100.

That's not possible on his budget as he would need to change the motherboard he has AM3. 

i was thinking to bear with what i have and be patience and raise some money to make a new build with i5 6600k , gtx 1070 and a motherboard from asus , maybe maximus. thanks for suggestions