120mm Fans

Guest Storm10

I need five 120mm fans.

31 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

Budget? Purpose?

Less than $250 and for gaming.

Hi,

These are probably the best in the market right now. And well within your budget ($26 each at newegg).

http://noctua.at/en/products/product-line-industrial/nf-f12-industrialppc-3000-pwm

Please correct me if I am wrong since I need four 120 mm case fans for my SFX build as well :D But I am going with these cause their 20mm depth instead of the usual 25 mm.

http://www.gamerstorm.com/product/CASEFAN/2016-03/1289_4949.shtml

I was also surprised to see that Noctua doesn't have any slim 120 mm fans (depth below 25mm)! How did that happen?!

52 minutes ago, Storm10 said:

What kind of dollars are you using?

What are your specs and where are you using the fans?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What kind of dollars are you using?

What are your specs and where are you using the fans?

REREAD. I am using US dollars, check my signature for my specs, and I only have 1 on the back. 

Edited by Storm10
Mistake

53 minutes ago, Storm10 said:

I am using US dollars, check my signature for my specs, and I have 2 fans on the front, 2 on the top, 1 on the back, and 1 on the bottom.

Hm? Why get new fans? What's wrong with the fans you already have?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

15 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Hm? Why get new fans? What's wrong with the fans you already have?

I have two 120mm fans. They're really noisy and don't really help cool anything.

4 minutes ago, Storm10 said:

I have two 120mm fans. They're really noisy and don't really help cool anything.

What fans do you have and have you tried lowering their fan speeds?

How did you determine that they don't help cool anything? Did you try removing them and seeing no change or are your temps too high?

4 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

What fans do you have and have you tried lowering their fan speeds?

How did you determine that they don't help cool anything? Did you try removing them and seeing no change or are your temps too high?

I do not know what fans I have and do not how to lower the fan speed. I use CAM and the temperature is too high.

The highest temperature I've seen my processor is 100 degrees fahrenheit and for my graphics card 120 degrees fahrenheit. Also, the back fan has stopped working

On ‎11‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 6:59 AM, Storm10 said:

Hello there!
May I inform you there is no currently any such thing as a 'gaming' fan. Although, I would imagine you mean one simply to keep airflow movement in uniform whilst under load without the fans becoming of unreasonable noise output? So a fan in which is best suited to fluctuating temperatures?

If this is so, a PWM fan is recommended. This being credited to there delivering of often higher Static Air Pressure rating, this allowing for usage on more Static objects such as a heat dissipater (Radiator), or a heat sink . Furthermore, PWM fans tend to have more flexibility in fan RPM ranges, helping to keep a secure balance often between noise output and airflow movement (The higher the RPM of a fan, the more noise as it rotates faster to keep things brief.).

Thank you! Need further information? Please do not hesitate to ask me!

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

20 hours ago, Storm10 said:

I do not know what fans I have and do not how to lower the fan speed. I use CAM and the temperature is too high.

If you're not sure what fans you have, post some photos here and we might be able to identify them.

18 hours ago, Storm10 said:

The highest temperature I've seen my processor is 100 degrees fahrenheit and for my graphics card 120 degrees fahrenheit. Also, the back fan has stopped working

Those are low temps. Your cpu is fine up to 62c and your gpu up to 80-90c at load.