Graphics Clarity Difference For Gaming From 1080p to 1440p

IceCold008
2 hours ago, liilMatt said:

Haha, it took me until I had finished the post to realize that, thought activity was recent, that the original post was over a month old. Glad to hear it though, what do you think of g sync?

Well i can tell you its super smooth BUT since all the games im playing atm are in the 80+ FPS, no games are going below 60 so i cant see where the g-sync is going. Like i said everything is super smooth but that might be becuase im getting high FPS anyway lol. 

21 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Sounds like you're only thinking of cs gaming. Not ever game is corner camping and deagle spamming. I know dam well the sound in bf4 isn't good enough to hear people as clearly as it should. 

I'm using CS as an example because it's been around forever and most people have at least some familiarity with the map I'm talking about, there isn't any equivalent in either BF or CoD to Dust2.  The point I was making is that *EVERY* first person shooter utilizes angles, it's no different than real life military situations.  If you were to breach a building then everything is about entry points and angles, and when you're outside it's the same but to a larger scale using buildings and other obstacles. 

There is no FPS that's ever been made that was wide open and had no corners/angles.  Period.  So what I'm talking about is absolutely relevant, all FPS games rely on crosshair placement and good angles.  Just because you've never really thought about it that way doesn't change the fact that it's true.  You may very well do a lot of what I'm talking about instinctively, I'm not commenting on your skill here... just the FACTS.

Basically it would be going against my nature to have tunnel vision. Complacency, that's what gets people killed. I just don't wonna dumb myself down for a game. 

That's exactly my point though, you're *already* doing that.  By giving yourself an excess of FOV you have negatively impacted your ability to focus on what is immediately in front of you and you have taught yourself to rely more on visual cues than audio and good habits with crosshair placement and map movement.  You can deny it all you want, but I've seen it more times than I can count in people who haven't played competitively.  Again, that doesn't mean you're bad, it just means you're doing something that is unintentionally having a negative impact on your potential. 

If you like it: THAT'S FINE.  Do what you want, it doesn't affect me at all.

I use 1100 dpi on either res I play on. Sensitivity is never changed. Only acceleration if the game has bad settings for it. 

Acceleration is the devil, but that explains why you think you're using the same sensitivity.  If you didn't use acceleration then going up in resolution would make the game literally unplayable without adjusting your sensitivity, and 1100 DPI is extremely high for an FPS.  I use 800 DPI and IIRC a 0.7~ sensitivity in most games at 1440p (but it's been a while since I looked at the exact number).  Acceleration is *always* off.  You can't have nearly the same level of consistency with it on... adding extra variables to aim is a bad idea, but just like with using multiple monitors: if you like it then keep doing it.  Just don't tell me it's better, because it's not.

So yea in a game against a so called pro I would lose. But put that same kid in a shoot house and I guarantee they would lose point to point. 

I'm sorry, but no they wouldn't.  I could give you a bunch of examples when my team and I set out to prove exactly what you're talking about, because pub players and lower league (Cal-Open, today it would be ESEA-Open) players would talk shit and blame "bad teammates" or "hackers" for why they weren't in a higher league.  Every single time we gave those players a chance to prove they were as good as they claimed they failed in epic fashion. 

Why?  Because they were delusional about their skill level and were seriously underrating the difference between an Intermediate, Main and Invite level player.  I'm not suggesting you're delusional or anything, I'm just saying that a professional FPS player would utterly destroy a pub player in any possible game mode or map you put them in.

So youre right, anything above an narrow 1080 is completely pointless and the best anyone's can ask for. I should just get a 720 and download cs again. 

That's not at all what I'm saying either.  I already said I game on a 1440p because I'm not competitive anymore.  My point was just that going above the normal aspect ratio (ultrawide or multiple monitor) is a detriment when it comes to performance.  Again, if you like the immersion and you enjoy playing that way: do what you want.  Just don't sit here and tell me it's an advantage because it isn't. 

I guess you're not understanding what's being said. Has nothing to do with just visuals. Games build in a lot f handicaps to make the games enjoyable. Or else the sound would always be muffled. 

Not the entire game is based on breaching. No cod game is, most of bf isn't either. 

Id love to see a pro player come in a infantry only bf server and not die, simply won't happen. 

I like seeing more as bf has horrible sound, can't have guys running around in full kit being dead silent, also won't happen. So because of that I'll stick to ultrawide. I wake up everyday with both eyes open so it's only natural. 

Im not changing resolution so that's why my sensitivity doesn't change. Still at 1080 regardless of how many monitors. 

Not worried about potential, I play on single screen when I'm forced to in half of the cod games. Plenty of instances that having ultrawide would give me an advantage. 

But like I said if seeing more doesn't help then no one would play above a 60fov. 

No one in a mout situation would ever choose to do so with one eye. That's a simple fact, so depending on the game it's the exact same choice I make. Gamers only know one way which is why they swear by it. Which makes sense if you ever had the chance to look at it from the other side. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz