Noob wants to Overclock

Sooo, when I got this PC back in 2013 I knew literally nothing about PC building, but 15 year old me knew that you could get a better bang for your buck if you went custom. So after 2 years of scraping and saving as well as playing Counter-Strike at 30 FPS I gave everything I had to my brother (about $2000) which had a friend that I thought was a computer genius, and after a few weeks my brother dropped my PC off and I was overjoyed! I had no idea what they put into it at the time and I didn't care (forgive me), so after a few GPU upgrades and 4 years later, this is what I THINK is in my PC.

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl

CPU: Intel i7-4770k @3.50GHz

Motherboard: ASUS ZB7-WS

GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1060

RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3

Power Supply: Cooler Master 800W Silent Gold Pro

Water Cooling: Corsair H100i 

And 5 fans throughout the case

1, 160gb ssd

1 disk reader/burner 

and 2 hard drives 

(the only thing I've changed over the years is adding one hard drive, and upgrading the GPU.

I think thats it.

So lately my FPS has been dipping to about 120 in CS:GO and with a 144hz monitor its getting a bit frustrating, I've wanted to overclock for a while now, but I'm still pretty green when it comes to PC's so I didn't want to mess up my only computer. But I've decided that I really want to try to overclock my PC.

But first, is there any way I can check to see if my H100i is functioning at it should? Lately my PC has been shutting off during more graphic demanding games, (about once a week tops) and I think its to stop itself from over heating because it will turn itself back on after like 5-10 minutes and I can feel the fan vents on my PC are pretty warm. I clean my PC every month with the PC compressed air, and my radiator on the H100i is clean and not plugged up at all. 

Are there any really good programs you guys can recommend that are useful for monitoring my fans, as well as my water cooling system?

So I guess what I'm asking is:

1. Can my PC be safely overclocked to increase CPU performance and get more FPS in CS:GO

2. How can I do a 'maintenance check' on my cooling system for my PC

3. What program should I use to monitor my cooling 

I'll try to overclock after this :]

Sorry for the long post 

first of all, take the radiator off the top of your case and take off the fans, it's dirty asf under there. 

use Corsair Link to monitor your temps. 

and look up an OC tutorial on YouTube

idk

So shut downs usually account to three things.

Bad PSU

Overheating CPU

Overheating GPU

If you have an AIO cooler people forget over time that liquid evaporates so it may be that there isn't as much liquid and CPU isnt getting cooled properly. You can use http://www.gputemp.com/ to monitor the heat of it when under load.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

There are lots of programs you can use to monitor your temps.

Have you cleaned out your PSU at all? They can shutdown if they overheat.

Without knowing exactly what is overheating it is hard to tell. Temps are going to tell us what is wrong.

As for your frame dips, I doubt that it is related to an overheating PSU since a PSU doesn't throttle its output, it just shuts down. Have you upgraded your drivers recently? If so did tge slowdown start after the upgdate?

Intel Xeon 1650 V0 (4.4GHz @1.4V), ASRock X79 Extreme6, 32GB of HyperX 1866, Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT, Silverstone Redline (black) RL05BB-W, Crucial MX500 500GB SSD, TeamGroup GX2 512GB SSD, WD AV-25 1TB 2.5" HDD with generic Chinese 120GB SSD as cache, x2 Seagate 2TB SSHD(RAID 0) with generic Chinese 240GB SSD as cache, SeaSonic Focus Plus Gold 850, x2 Acer H236HL, Acer V277U be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Logitech K120, Tecknet "Gaming" mouse, Creative Inspire T2900, HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless headset, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit