folding@home not using cpu after 1 WU

so my cpu is now not being used after completing one task and now my gpu is doing all the work?

is there a way i can get cpu tasks?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Beat it with a whip until it shapes up

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

2 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

What does your advanced control panel look like?

lemme check

2 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

Beat it with a whip until it shapes up

instruction unclear cpu stuck in  pcie slot

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

4 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

so my cpu is now not being used after completing one task and now my gpu is doing all the work?

is there a way i can get cpu tasks?

You're doing project that requires GPU and not CPU.

2 minutes ago, TomR said:

You're doing project that requires GPU and not CPU.

i completed it and it went onto the next project, is there a way to preference cpu over gpu?

and when i first started it i had a cpu+gpu doing a project?

2 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

instruction unclear cpu stuck in  pcie slot

Get it out with a fork

Put in the RAM slot

And then whip it some more

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

1 minute ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

i completed it and it went onto the next project, is there a way to preference cpu over gpu?

Yes there is but I forget how off the top of my head. Google it

8 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

What does your advanced control panel look like?

unknown.png

Have you tried going to Configure>>>> Slots >>>>. Remove >>> cpu 

after that add it back

Edit: Interesting that your CPU says 11. I see you have a 3930k which is 6c/12t? I dunno if that would cause issue instead of an even number like 6 or 12.

Have you tried going to Configure>>>> Slots >>>>. Remove >>> cpu 

after that add it back

ill try now

ive readded it and set the cores to be used as 10?

i have a 6c/12t cpu did i do it correctly?

ill try now

ive readded it and set the cores to be used as 10?

i have a 6c/12t cpu did i do it correctly?

try 12 just to be safe since that's what should be available

try 12 just to be safe since that's what should be available

i think i broke it now, its saying my pc will take 3 days for a gpu task and 5 for cpu task :/, im going to reinstall 

i think i broke it now, its saying my pc will take 3 days for a gpu task and 5 for cpu task :/, im going to reinstall 

It did that to me today. It said 5 days but after a few minutes it went back to regular.

Leave it and see.

It's no longer stuck on download though right?

6 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

It did that to me today. It said 5 days but after a few minutes it went back to regular.

Leave it and see.

It's no longer stuck on download though right?

it still says download?

unknown.png

18 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

it still says download?

unknown.png

What does your log tab show

1 minute ago, DoctorZeus said:

What does your log tab show

Its working now, is it ok to leave it on all the time?

Its working now, is it ok to leave it on all the time?

It's working? Awesome :)

Leave what on? Folding?

23 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

It's working? Awesome :)

Leave what on? Folding?

yeah the folding

and its stopped working , my pc bluescreened, im just gonna let it do its own thing, it can fold using what ever it chooses

your 3930k at 4.6ghz might be the reason for bluescreen. That seems pretty high for that voltage

4 minutes ago, DoctorZeus said:

your 3930k at 4.6ghz might be the reason for bluescreen. That seems pretty high for that voltage

its not at 4.6 anymore its at 4.0 at 1.336v

at this point im going to leave it to do as it wishes and check it in the morning

2 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

at this point im going to leave it to do as it wishes and check it in the morning

if anything just disable folding on the CPU for now and let the gpu do the work. it's a good folder

1 minute ago, DoctorZeus said:

if anything just disable folding on the CPU for now and let the gpu do the work. it's a good folder

it takes ages tho :/

also that said,does it affect the graphics card in an negative way?

17 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

and when i first started it i had a cpu+gpu doing a project?

You have probably figured this out by now,

but cpu and gpu projects are separate 

things. It doesn't choose one over the other.

They both have their own settings and wu's. 

Also, set the core count to 10, not 12. Leave

resources open for the gpu and everything 

else, your gpu will likely pull alot more carts

than the cpu, so don't prioritize it. 

15 hours ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

it takes ages tho :/

also that said,does it affect the graphics card in an negative way?

Removing, or just pausing the cpu slot doesn't 

do anything negative to the gpu folding, folding

on 12 out of 12 threads however will slow down

the gpu. 

If you keep bluescreening, remove the overclocks

and try without, if that doesn't work you need 

additional troubleshooting. Remember that folding

is very picky on gpu overclocks, make sure you 

aren't just dumping wu's, and actually complete

them. 

Also remember that any estimates early on in a wu

are not accurate, you need atleast a few percent