S340 for a custom CPU loop?

Kaose

is the NZXT S340 an ok case for a custom loop, the custom loop will only be a 250MM reservoir, 240/280 radiator and will only cool the CPU, also it will have 2 Titan X Pascals on air, will a custom loop actually fit in here as iv'e done a quick estimate using a calculator and there will be around 3-5 inch gap between the GPU and reservoir and another 3-5 inch gap between the reservoir and radiator if i mount the pump to the bottom rather than the reservoir as my quick estimate says ill be 10MM over the space if i do a reservoir mount EDIT!!! 3-5MM NOT INCHES, Oops

Edited by Cryosis
wrong measurements

MAIN RIG:

GPU: Asus ROG Strix 2080Ti 

CPU: i7 9700K

Mobo: Asus ROG Strix Z390-F

Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3200MHZ

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100x RGB

SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

SSD 2: SanDisk Ultra 2 240GB

Case: Coolermaster Masterbox 530P

PSU: Corsair RM650x

Monitor: Asus ROG PG278Q

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016

Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity

Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma

Speakers: Bose Companion 20

Ive seen loops in s340's so should be fine

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

18 minutes ago, Cryosis said:

is the NZXT S340 an ok case for a custom loop, the custom loop will only be a 250MM reservoir, 240/280 radiator and will only cool the CPU, also it will have 2 Titan X Pascals on air, will a custom loop actually fit in here as iv'e done a quick estimate using a calculator and there will be around 3-5 inch gap between the GPU and reservoir and another 3-5 inch gap between the reservoir and radiator if i mount the pump to the bottom rather than the reservoir as my quick estimate says ill be 10MM over the space if i do a reservoir mount

I'm guessing you're going to be water cooling the titan XPs later?

Fractal is the easy go to for water cooling

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-c

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

I'm guessing you're going to be water cooling the titan XPs later?

Fractal is the easy go to for water cooling

http://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/cases/define-series/define-c

i don't know if ill watercool the GPU's tbh but i want the option too if i feel like it and im not really into the design of fractals cases

MAIN RIG:

2 minutes ago, Cryosis said:

i don't know if ill watercool the GPU's tbh but i want the option too if i feel like it and im not really into the design of fractals cases

They look exactly the same lol, only difference being the fractal case comes with the PSU shroud and a bigger window from the looks of it, pretty good additions if you care about aesthetics for whatever reason.

If you aren't going to water cool the GPUs there's not much point in putting together a custom loop

Otherwise look at some of the IN WIN or LIAN LI cases
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108483&cm_re=IN_WIN_case-_-11-108-483-_-Product

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

They look exactly the same lol, only difference being the fractal case comes with the PSU shroud and a bigger window from the looks of it, pretty good additions if you care about aesthetics for whatever reason.

If you aren't going to water cool the GPUs there's not much point in putting together a custom loop

Otherwise look at some of the IN WIN or LIAN LI cases
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811108483&cm_re=IN_WIN_case-_-11-108-483-_-Product

i agree but this pc i want to look great and im talking about the S340 razer edition and fractal design dont really make anything which matches with my theme too well

MAIN RIG:

3 minutes ago, Cryosis said:

S340 razer edition

The only real difference I can see is a darkened window and logo on the front

Also if you want the best Caselabs really has no competition

http://www.caselabs-store.com/

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

The only real difference I can see is a darkened window and logo on the front

Also if you want the best Caselabs really has no competition

http://www.caselabs-store.com/

caselabs is amazing but i dont want to spend that much money on a case as caselabs cases just seem way way overpriced, i know its the best but the price is too high for me, otherwise caselabs is great tbh

MAIN RIG:

1 minute ago, Cryosis said:

caselabs is amazing but i dont want to spend that much money on a case as caselabs cases just seem way way overpriced, i know its the best but the price is too high for me, otherwise caselabs is great tbh

Didn't you already spend like $2400 on your graphics card alone?

Looking at this build a water cooling loop may be tight, but possible, might not be the best thing to work wirth

Spoiler

The s340 is fine for just watercooling your cpu and maybe 1 gpu but the one fan spot on the top holds it back for watercooling more than 1-2 components. I'd check out the Phanteks evolv atx tg or maybe the corsair 460x/400c

30 minutes ago, Cryosis said:

Snip

You should reconsider your case of choice. the S340 does not really have enough radiator space to properly cool 2 Titans+CPU. You're either going to need to REALLY crank up those fan speeds to an intolerably loud amount of noise, or you're going to need more radiator space than a 280. Even adding in a 120 in the rear and 120 in the top (which would, subjectively, look horrible) would be cutting it close to a tolerable amount of noise for a system with that much heat in it.

But if you have your heart set on the S340, everything SHOULD fit although you may want to get a mini res and just mount it on the upper half of that cable hiding bar in the S340 (that is what the slit in it is for, small reservoirs). That would allow a more tolerable amount of room in your case for rad+fans+GPU. You could also go for a horizontal mod in the top of your case, allowing for a much thicker radiator or push/pull in the front in order to accommodate more cooling potential which you desperately need in the S340 IMO

20 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

You should reconsider your case of choice. the S340 does not really have enough radiator space to properly cool 2 Titans+CPU. You're either going to need to REALLY crank up those fan speeds to an intolerably loud amount of noise, or you're going to need more radiator space than a 280. Even adding in a 120 in the rear and 120 in the top (which would, subjectively, look horrible) would be cutting it close to a tolerable amount of noise for a system with that much heat in it.

But if you have your heart set on the S340, everything SHOULD fit although you may want to get a mini res and just mount it on the upper half of that cable hiding bar in the S340 (that is what the slit in it is for, small reservoirs). That would allow a more tolerable amount of room in your case for rad+fans+GPU. You could also go for a horizontal mod in the top of your case, allowing for a much thicker radiator or push/pull in the front in order to accommodate more cooling potential which you desperately need in the S340 IMO

let me rephrase, im unlikely to watercool the gpus simply because i prefer the stock GPU look, and about the s340, i also like the H440 but the side panel ruins it as if i got that id have to do a DIY window side panel as the stock size side panel sucks and maybe if i really push the budget a CaseLabs mercury S5 but caselabs is just so expensive 

MAIN RIG:

From when I was planning mine, due to job loss i had to sell most w/c stuff and one gpu. I modded the case to fit a 360mm in front and 120mm in back with 2 video cards in sli..Just measure, measure measure for fit and placements

@syrazpc - for all my rambles about PC's -- My Gallifreyan Build In Progress

29 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Didn't you already spend like $2400 on your graphics card alone?

Looking at this build a water cooling loop may be tight, but possible, might not be the best thing to work wirth

i know it sounds ridiculous saying this with 2x Titan xps but this build is still on a budget and the only caselabs case id even consider is the mercury S5 which is still £320 with my configuration compared to the £90 of the h440

MAIN RIG:

42 minutes ago, Cryosis said:

i know it sounds ridiculous saying this with 2x Titan xps but this build is still on a budget and the only caselabs case id even consider is the mercury S5 which is still £320 with my configuration compared to the £90 of the h440

Well start saving up lol

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Cryosis said:

let me rephrase, im unlikely to watercool the gpus simply because i prefer the stock GPU look, and about the s340

If you're not going to watercool the GPU's then the S340 is a fine case for just a CPU loop. On google there are pictures of people going with a tall res, front rad, and it all fits (although very just barely) so if that is your plan, it should work (make sure you get a ~25mm radiator, as anything else may not fit). A horizontal roof mounted res would still look pretty cool IMO if you wanted to give that a try.