Is it similar to anything else 

AMD (and proud) r7 1700 4ghz- 

also (1600) 

asus rog crosshairs vi hero x370-

MSI 980ti G6 1506mhz slix2 -

h110 pull - acer xb270hu 1440p -

corsair 750D - corsair 16gb 2933

Have you played the rest of the series?

It's an alright game if you're into the Mass Effect series, but it might be kind of a weird experience if you have no pre-existing appreciation for the world, story, or characters.

yeah you would atleast play the other 2 games to understand the story and whats going on 

I started on ME2 since I was a console player at the time, and PS3 didn't have ME1 yet. If you're playing on PC, you'll probably have issues with ME1. It doesn't really like Windows 10 too much. You'll get stuck in elevators and doors won't open. It's obnoxious... So if it gives you hell, I think it might be ok to skip if you need to.

Great series though.

I would say at least play ME2. That's how I got started with it, then eventually went back and played ME1 once (which was enough for a lifetime).

ME2 has some story excuses for the characters to frequently talk to you about who you are and what you did in the past, which at least makes it a better starting point than ME3, in my opinion. ME3 makes a lot of assumptions about your personal investment in the series.

It is worth playing but you are going to want to at least play Mass Effect 2 before hand. There's a lot of backstory you need for ME3 to make perfect sense.

Start with ME1. ME3 iks the weakest of the 3 Games tho.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

6 hours ago, Praesi said:

Start with ME1. ME3 iks the weakest of the 3 Games tho.

Funny, I find it to be the best. Especially if you own all DLCs as well. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

52 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Let EA milk you for the full story and than decide between green, red and blue. ME 3 sucks. But each their own, right?

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

5 minutes ago, Praesi said:

Let EA milk you for the full story and than decide between green, red and blue. ME 3 sucks. But each their own, right?

I don't let the destination ruin the whole fun ride. :P Agreed.

it's pretty good. but i would recommend playing the entire trilogy, as each game directly ties in to the previous game. by the time Andromeda comes out, you would probably have finished the trilogy at least once, barring extra tasks you can do. 

there is also the DLC, which some of them are pretty much essential. sadly the way you obtain the DLC is a pain in the ass right now. 

there's also some mods you need as well, but i believe someone else has mentioned said mods. 

Pretty much have to do ME2 IMO.  Fortunately its a fairly straight forward affair to do a run in ME2 as I recall.  AND ITS FOR FREE ON ORIGIN RIGHT NOW BTW.  Starting from ME1 is "better", but you've got to be the type of person that can put up with some really garbage controls for 80hrs.  Don't even want to talk about how much of a god awful piece of shit the mako was.

If you are the type of person that enjoys reading A LOT in games for the complete story to paint the games universe, then ME1 is pretty much a wet dream.  If you're more action oriented, you'll be best served by jumping into ME2 and letting that game fill in the broad strokes for you. 

As for ME3 itself...I still play and enjoy the multiplayer to this day, and the game itself was fine.  It was mostly fan service and going through the motions of tying loose ends and bidding farewells to the characters created in the first 2 games.  ME3 is at its best and worst when played by people that played the first 2.  I've a hard time seeing someone who hasn't played the 1st 2 games giving a shit about what happens in ME3 or being motivated to play more then a few hours of it.  Plus the DLC is waay too expensive imo, doubles the price of the game.

Play the last two games and transfer you saves from game to game so you can save your interactions with all the characters.

Mass Effect is weird. Most people loved ME2, but I couldn't stand it. Most people hated the ending of ME3, I didn't mind it. I got all three on Origin for less than $30 on sale and I'd say it's well worth it to pick it up at that price. Just know that if you're running an AMD CPU that you'll encounter some graphical glitches in ME1.

15 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

I was surprised how good the Omega DLC was. It may be my favorite part of that entire game. The pricing still sucks, though. It's still sold in "Bioware Points" and I don't think it's ever been on sale anywhere. Last time I checked, even if you only bought the story DLC for ME2 ME3 I think it cost more than the entire trilogy combined.

15 hours ago, Praesi said:

This is going to sound weird, but I never really felt all that invested in the overarching plot of Mass Effect anyway. I always thought the Reapers were the most boring part of that franchise. ME3 shows you a lot of new places and new cultural and diplomatic situations that I thought were way more interesting than anything the ending could've been. It was a clumsy ending for a story that I thought was kinda clumsy from the start, so it didn't really disappoint me that much.

I think that's why I liked ME2 the best of the series. You spend so much more time chasing criminal gangs and helping your friends deal with their more relatable low-stakes problems, and comparatively little time talking about the Reapers.

2 hours ago, typographie said:

Snip

Yes, the prices of DLC are complete madness. You can get 3 games for 20 on sales, but the DLCs (the story ones, not cosmetic) are almost a 100 more iirc, and they never go on sale. 

I don't think anything will ever top Citadel DLC. Bioshock DLCs came close, though.

On 2/22/2017 at 2:14 AM, jjohnthedon1 said:

Hey guys had this game for ages and not played it,

is it any good ? 

Is it similar to anything else 

alot of people took issue with it for various reasons, didn't fall into their perfect little lines. no games perfect, remember that, all the Mass Effect games are absolutely brilliant, each one something weak, but it is always out weighted by the brilliance of the game. the 2nd one has a great line up in it! very epic, the 3rd one i have put over 300Hrs into and i still continue to replay it, even if i change nothing at all.

playing from #1 is best, all choices have consequence, your actions will roll over to the next game. remember this!

if you haven't played it, you have missed out, when i first saw it i thought it wouldn't be a good game. it is my most fav series ever,

On 2/22/2017 at 9:25 AM, Bouzoo said:

Citidal DLC wrex's entrance AWESOOOOME!!! and funny! i LOOOVE number 3, the gun limit\effect is heaps better than #2, 3's combat is on point! fewer guns was sooo the way to go!

also love the story!... you couldn't tell im a ME fanboy haha.
Talimancers!