Looking for real time analog video capture record 480p

Go to solution Solved by Scruffy90,

Get something like the AverMedia live gamer portable. Allows recording to SD from analog (component) or digital (hdmi) signals and has the ability to output to a screen via HDMI and records either to a windows pc or to an sd card you could stick into it.

Hello,

I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong Thread but I am new here.

I have been looking for a capture card for the purpos of recording an analog video feed from an endoscopy camera for the past year, but I have not found anything useful. The resolution is about 480p - so nothing too crazy. The problem is that I need a card that supports saving the footage to the disk and displaying it on the screen - but in real time. There can not be any delay between the camera and the video feed on the display because it's impossible steer the camera with a noticeable delay. Does any capture card < 200$ support this or is this only possible with crazy 5k$ professional cards? I guess most people wouldn't care about a delay because I have never found anything about it on the internet and for capturing games and video streams it does not matter.

thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 0:06 PM, peerfunk said:

Hello,

I am sorry if I am posting in the wrong Thread but I am new here.

I have been looking for a capture card for the purpos of recording an analog video feed from an endoscopy camera for the past year, but I have not found anything useful. The resolution is about 480p - so nothing too crazy. The problem is that I need a card that supports saving the footage to the disk and displaying it on the screen - but in real time. There can not be any delay between the camera and the video feed on the display because it's impossible steer the camera with a noticeable delay. Does any capture card < 200$ support this or is this only possible with crazy 5k$ professional cards? I guess most people wouldn't care about a delay because I have never found anything about it on the internet and for capturing games and video streams it does not matter.

thank you!

Whats the output D sub, composite?
Could probably get something from black magic for around 100 but depends on the output if they have one. They got composite, D sub, (vga), hdmi and SDI. 

Get something like the AverMedia live gamer portable. Allows recording to SD from analog (component) or digital (hdmi) signals and has the ability to output to a screen via HDMI and records either to a windows pc or to an sd card you could stick into it.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14