New Headset

Snakkey

Get a HyperX cloud core or 1 (if you need the extra accessories), core - 1 - 2 sounds the same with difference in the accessories they come with. Sounds better than what you have mentioned.

Above the price of cloud 1 however, i would stick to a proper headphone + modmic/boompro.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

I basically agree with @nicobombai (especially about the using a ModMic above the price of the cloud 1, haha).

But HyperX cloud is often quoted as the best all in one setup on a variety of fronts. It's not going to blow you away or anything, but you won't go too wrong. The two you linked I have not heard much about at all really.

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!

Although the hyperx cloud have very good sound quality also have to keep in mind that playing is done several continuous hours. More to the sound you have to think about comfort. For me the best option is the Steelseries Arctis 3 or 5 (it depends if you want RGB or ChatMix for Discord, accessories after all), however, yes, the Hyperx have better sound quality with their 53mm drivers (I think That I'm right).

@nicobombai Are there really games with high quality audio? With high quality I mean that it reaches the audiophile level.

Having the two mentioned in the publication at my disposal I can do a face-to-face and having a point of view of a consumer I have almost noticed no difference, it should be stressed that if we get a little more subtle in the audio if there is the difference between the two. But does it really matter with an amateur vision?

P.D: And if you ask about my previous posts about what gaming headset i should buy, and that obviously you were part of the post, I bought the two.

1 hour ago, Fernando_Matt said:

@nicobombai Are there really games with high quality audio? With high quality I mean that it reaches the audiophile level.

uhm, you do know that a lot of games actually have high quality audio files, one of the games with the best audio is basically any of the battlefield games, but why does this matter to you? MP3 files sound better with 200$ headphones than they do with 100$ headphones.

1 hour ago, Fernando_Matt said:

Although the hyperx cloud have very good sound quality also have to keep in mind that playing is done several continuous hours. More to the sound you have to think about comfort. For me the best option is the Steelseries Arctis 3 or 5 (it depends if you want RGB or ChatMix for Discord, accessories after all), however, yes, the Hyperx have better sound quality with their 53mm drivers (I think That I'm right).

The driver size isn't the reason behind the better audio quality.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

47 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

The driver size isn't the reason behind the better audio quality.

Yes I know. That the reason why I write that way is because I use the google translator and it does not always translate the best way (I'm from Argentina). What I meant is that they accompany the 53mm drivers and that is equivalent to a greater weight, a lower comfort; That's what I meant.

48 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

uhm, you do know that a lot of games actually have high quality audio files, one of the games with the best audio is basically any of the battlefield games, but why does this matter to you? MP3 files sound better with 200$ headphones than they do with 100$ headphones.

And yes, you're right. Now that I think Electronics Arts knew to develop in that sense the Battlefield in general and much more the recent Battlefield 1.

8 hours ago, Fernando_Matt said:

Having the two mentioned in the publication at my disposal I can do a face-to-face and having a point of view of a consumer I have almost noticed no difference, it should be stressed that if we get a little more subtle in the audio if there is the difference between the two. But does it really matter with an amateur vision?

P.D: And if you ask about my previous posts about what gaming headset i should buy, and that obviously you were part of the post, I bought the two.

Games do have high audio quality, it depends on the games, for example, csgo have lower audio quality compared to bf4, cod aw, divinity original sins etc.

Yes, a better headphone can produce better sounds, before using headphones, i was using SS v2 for sometime, sound signature was not to my liking and it feels a little muffled, i was lent a akg q701 from a buddy of mine that time, and it was way better, better details, larger sound stage, positioning, excellent bass, and so on. I do know they are priced differently, but my point is, having a better headphone will play a better role in your experience for listening to music or just playing games.

It also depends on what headset and headphone do you have to be able to notice the difference, my younger brother just don't bother about sound and said all of my headphones sounds the same. lol

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

Final conclusion: Best headset = Beyerdynamic DT 990 80ohms + Antlion ModMic 4.0 or V-Moda Boom Pro.

Good Luck with that ;)

3 hours ago, Fernando_Matt said:

Final conclusion: Best headset = Beyerdynamic DT 990 80ohms + Antlion ModMic 4.0 or V-Moda Boom Pro.

no such thing as best headset or best headphones, audio is very personal preference and therefore no "best"

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Whaat? No I am pretty sure something + ModMic is right! (kidding, kidding, audio is subjective)

Director of Marketing for Antlion Audio, creators of the ModMic.

More info at www.ModMic.com

Ask questions, I'm friendly!