Choosing cheap point and shoot camera

Id like to start this by saying I am in no way an expert in photography. So I'm looking to get a simple point and shoot camera however my budget is extremely limited to around 200€ Any suggestions. Also because of this price point would I be better off sticking with my iPhone 6 camera.

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

How about a used dslr?

For that price, id personally get something like a used canon 30d and a 50 1.8

Ok the only thing is I have no experience shooting on a DSLR. Is it a steep learning curve?

1 minute ago, fuzzymonkey11 said:

Ok the only thing is I have no experience shooting on a DSLR. Is it a steep learning curve?

nope. You can set it to full auto and it will take phoots just like your phone, and set it to manual when you want.

Might just get a used 30d then considering I carry a backpack most of the time portability isn't an issue

8 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

nope. You can set it to full auto and it will take phoots just like your phone, and set it to manual when you want.

Would use manual exposure over full auto because from my experience, full auto is terrible at setting exposure levels. If it's too sunny, it won't turn down the exposure automatically and you end up with shots that are way too bright. Learning how to use manual exposure isn't hard at all.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

8 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Would use manual exposure over full auto because from my experience, full auto is terrible at setting exposure levels. If it's too sunny, it won't turn down the exposure automatically and you end up with shots that are way too bright. Learning how to use manual exposure isn't hard at all.

auto is fairly good. Normally within a stop. If you shooting something with lots of contrast, exposure comp is there for you.

Id stay away from shooting on manual all the time, its a pain, shot with av, tv, or p.

A DSLR is not that hard to use, you learn a lot playing around with them. But they have Auto modes eitherway if you want it simple. 

However, I would not buy a used 30D. Its from 2006, has less than 10 megapixels (I know this isn't all but I would stay away from most ones under 10MP these days) the sensor is probably pretty bad at handeling ISO too. Sure its cheap, but it is probably on par with your iPhone tbh in auto mode with a kit lens if you isn't that used to a dslr. Sensor tech has moved on a lot the latest years. 

A used Sony A5000 can be had for 200 and the same goes for a used Nikon D3200 and probably some decent Canon Tx camera. These will all be better options than a used 30D. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I don't know looking around at the prices of thoses cameras their both over 300€ even when used where I live.

15 minutes ago, fuzzymonkey11 said:

I don't know looking around at the prices of thoses cameras their both over 300€ even when used where I live.

Hmm, then I'd save up more really. A $200 point and shoot wont improve much over an iPhone 6 and a used 30D wont be that amazing either. Better to save some more and buy something that will be an improvement 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

2 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Hmm, then I'd save up more really. A $200 point and shoot wont improve much over an iPhone 6 and a used 30D wont be that amazing either. Better to save some more and buy something that will be an improvement 

Yeah think I'm going to have to do that. Or Im due an phone upgrade soon so probably will get the pixel

10 hours ago, fuzzymonkey11 said:

Id like to start this by saying I am in no way an expert in photography. So I'm looking to get a simple point and shoot camera however my budget is extremely limited to around 200€ Any suggestions. Also because of this price point would I be better off sticking with my iPhone 6 camera.

What's your reason for getting a camera? Because you're interested in photography or because you just want a camera to take photos for fun, convenience?

If you're interested in photography, do a bit more homework and increase your budget to get a proper camera for starting out. 

If you simply want a camera to take snapshots with your friends, family, quickly post to Facebook or Instagram or other, use your phone or get a nice point and shoot camera from Canon or Sony.

That is not dead which can eternal lie.  And with strange aeons even death may die. - The Call of Cthulhu

A university is not a "safe space". If you need a safe space, leave, go home, hug your teddy & suck your thumb until ready for university.  - Richard Dawkins