G4600/7100 paired with a Z170 MoBo--Good Idea?

I have been planning on parts to use for my first build and after researching, I've come down to this build:

XFX RX 470

Pentium G4600/ I3 7100

Corsair Vengeance 2x4 2133

Asrock Z170a-x1

XFX TS 550w

I only chose a Z board because I know that it will be possible for me to get an unlocked cpu later on but is it a good idea to pair a pentium/i3 with a Z board?

Or you could wait for ryzen.  

Should work,  but i really ser the point imo.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

If you're gonna upgrade in the future, go for an i3 6100 (just to make sure it works - not all Z170 motherboards work with Kaby Lake processors), use it to update the BIOS and game for a while, then upgrade to a better chip. 

Also, since you're on Z170 you can use XMP, meaning that you can use higher clocked memory. On Sky/Kaby it makes a difference in minimum and average framerates by a surprisingly large amount. 

idk

Thanks for your suggestion! I'll keep my eyes on the 6100.

I would go base clock overclocking.  Only works with skylake chips, certain motherboards and older bioses.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

Do you happen to know some of the motherboards that support the base clock overclock you're talking about?