Nintendo UK publish some solid Switch info

Master Disaster
59 minutes ago, Juniho said:

very well, i hope not but it may must be my bias but Nintendo seems like they came to fail...the switch it should be DS replacement nothing more

If that was the case, then it would fail. The Switch is way to big to be actually portable. It won't fit in your pocket. They could maybe make a mini version... but that is not in the plans. The company is still considering a 3DS successor.

Nintendo failures can be associated with 2 points

• They see themselves as a Toy company, and treat their game console as a hot toy of the year. For kids also.
  • Strict old Japanese business culture. The oldest employee get a say, the younger one shut up (well they can talk, but it is like talking to a sound proof wall), with the exception of the CEO, which directs the company, and can push a product/service.
  • Scared of piracy
  • Never worked with third party developers.

The Switch is the first product that Nintendo has ever released, designed by the younger employee staff. It is a drastic change of direction (it can also mean that the old employees wants to make it fail, taking bad decisions, so that they get the "return to power" in decision making). So, we have to wait and see. But, so far so good in general, including actual third party support. And I can confirm this, as Nintendo of America was hiring many developers to make tools, demos, provide support, and possibly other things for third party devs. This is reinforced by developer reactions to the system, which is different from the WiiU, and you can see excitement by developers. Oh and the new Zelda was developed by a young team as well, and we can see the switch in direction... passing from a tried and true old Zelda recipe which is getting old.. to this massive world, more complex game, non-linear experience (returning to its root of what Zelda was supposed to be), not to mention voice acting and everything that is expected from a modern high quality game. Will be perfect? I doubt it. But close. As this the company first attempt for sure complex game. I am sure the second attempt will be improved all around.

Nintendo marketing is spot on too. I don't know what happened at their marketing department, maybe it is Nintendo of America handling it, or they got a new one, I don't know. But what a contrast it is from the WiiU, heck even the GameCube and N64.

The message is clear, they are targeting it properly, the target demographic is perfect. It reflects the life style of this group of age of people. Heck, I am seeing signs at big retail stores about the system coming up. The WiiU had none of this. So, I think Nintendo has a hit. And I expect that in 2018 is where games will start appearing for the system.