could someone help with homework? off topic

DominicNikon

ok so my teacher wants to share this poem called stopping by woods on a snowy evening and have me record what a persons interpretation of the poem 

this is the poem 

Whose woods these are I think I know.   
His house is in the village though;   
He will not see me stopping here   
To watch his woods fill up with snow.   

My little horse must think it queer   
To stop without a farmhouse near   
Between the woods and frozen lake   
The darkest evening of the year.   

He gives his harness bells a shake   
To ask if there is some mistake.   
The only other sound’s the sweep   
Of easy wind and downy flake.   

The woods are lovely, dark and deep,   
But I have promises to keep,   
And miles to go before I sleep,   
And miles to go before I sleep.

are you asking what it means, if so, it's about a man riding a horse in the woods, and considering stopping in the middle of a very dark night not at a stop, but decides better of it and goes on.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

Poetry is too damn subjective. Literally, it's about a guy who's trotting along on his horse, stops, and his horse is confused because it's not at a stable. The character is in a quiet area in the woods. 

Then there's a shift between the third and fourth stanzas, it's like this guy has to do something, probably for a girl because literature. I'm of the philosophy that I don't try to analyze poetry until I've read it through at least twice, but ain't nobody got time for that.

ASU

15 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

Poetry is too damn subjective. Literally, it's about a guy who's trotting along on his horse, stops, and his horse is confused because it's not at a stable. The character is in a quiet area in the woods. 

Then there's a shift between the third and fourth stanzas, it's like this guy has to do something, probably for a girl because literature. I'm of the philosophy that I don't try to analyze poetry until I've read it through at least twice, but ain't nobody got time for that.

18 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

are you asking what it means, if so, it's about a man riding a horse in the woods, and considering stopping in the middle of a very dark night not at a stop, but decides better of it and goes on.

Thanks guys