Networking a 3 story building.

Buhzrk

Hey guys, so I've been living in a 3 storey house in Singapore for about 7 years now... I recently switched from coax to fibre (basically like 30 megabits to 800 megabits).

However, since the only way to get the fastest connection possible is by tearing out the house, and then filling it to match for ethernet connection (instead of coax) this would be difficult.

I'm currently using a MoCa Coax In Ethernet Out device, which allows me max 100 megabits per second. I want to know whether there are even faster methods I can carry out that could stretch my internet speed to it's limits.

BTW I have a router for every storey. 

i7 8700K Overclocked to 5.2 GHZ, Asus 1080 TI ROG STRIX OC EDITION, Asus PRIME Z370-A Motherboard, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200mhz ,

Corsair Nepton H100i v2, ThermalTake ToughPower 750W Gold, 

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 256GB , Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 500GB, 3TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST HDD, Fractal Design R5 Black w/SidePanel, 

ASUS PG279Q 165hz 1440p Monitor, Corsair K65 LUX RGB Keyboard, Logitech G Pro WirelessZowie Camade, Sennheiser HD 6xx, Audiotechnica AT2020 Rode PSA-1 

20 minutes ago, KhronosTheFirst said:

Hey guys, so I've been living in a 3 storey house in Singapore for about 7 years now... I recently switched from coax to fibre (basically like 30 megabits to 800 megabits).

However, since the only way to get the fastest connection possible is by tearing out the house, and then filling it to match for ethernet connection (instead of coax) this would be difficult.

I'm currently using a MoCa Coax In Ethernet Out device, which allows me max 100 megabits per second. I want to know whether there are even faster methods I can carry out that could stretch my internet speed to it's limits.

Hellow fellow singaporean , try a WiFi Mash .

On 1/18/2017 at 10:25 AM, Jiaweeeee said:

mash or mesh

i7 8700K Overclocked to 5.2 GHZ, Asus 1080 TI ROG STRIX OC EDITION, Asus PRIME Z370-A Motherboard, G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3200mhz ,

Samsung 950 Pro M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 256GB , Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe Internal SSD 500GB, 3TB Seagate HDD, 4TB HGST HDD, Fractal Design R5 Black w/SidePanel, 

ASUS PG279Q 165hz 1440p Monitor, Corsair K65 LUX RGB Keyboard, Logitech G Pro WirelessZowie Camade, Sennheiser HD 6xx, Audiotechnica AT2020 Rode PSA-1 

On 1/17/2017 at 9:05 PM, KhronosTheFirst said:

You could look in to Moca 2.0 devices. They are much faster. I even think they are coming or have come out with a new standard that could do gigabit. The only other option is to run Ethernet every where.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

13 hours ago, KhronosTheFirst said:

mash or mesh

Mashed Potato , well I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but Linus has a video coming out about the Google WiFi mesh which seems pretty good . It's cheap too and considering you living in a 3 story building , I'm assuming you're rich and the price of it is like lunch money for you . 

https://store.google.com/product/google_wifi?gl=US , it's releasing soon but obviously not available directly from Google Singapore , you can get it from Amazon though .

• 1 month later...
On 18/01/2017 at 10:25 AM, Jiaweeeee said:

Dear Friend, I have got a EERO Wifi Mesh, set of 3

My internet speed is now 950megabits down, 500 up. Thank you so much!

On 20/01/2017 at 10:10 PM, Falconevo said:

You can use something like this,

https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Bonded-Ethernet-Adapter-ECB6200K02/dp/B013J7O3X0

Supports multiple devices for 1Gbit/s speeds, they are not cheap though.

Dear Friend, thank you for the suggestion. I have gotten an EERO with mesh. Set of 3. My internet speed is currently 950megabits down, 500 up. Thank you so much for this kind suggestion!

8 hours ago, KhronosTheFirst said:

Dear Friend, thank you for the suggestion. I have gotten an EERO with mesh. Set of 3. My internet speed is currently 950megabits down, 500 up. Thank you so much for this kind suggestion!

Great to hear, did you end up paying a lot for them?

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply