Colours boosted by RADEON Settings

Onubhov

Anyone who has a Radeon integrated graphics or a discrete card can confirm this for me.

Install the latest Radeon Crimson/Crimson Relive drivers.

Put on a really colourful wallpaper in the background.

Go to Radeon settings -> Display -> Colour temperature -> Automatic

See what it does. You may say i am wrong, but there is a big noticable difference in the reds and blues of the wallpaper now, and that's without even hurting the white.

Can anyone elaborate on what's happening, and should i keep it this way?

Truth be told, the difference is somewhat like seeing an SuperAMOLED from Samsung after a cheap lcd display on a chinese android smartphone.

BTW, this is the laptop i used. HP-15-g000-Notebook-PC-series with AMD A8-6410 with R5 graphics.

2 minutes ago, Onubhov said:

Anyone who has a Radeon integrated graphics or a discrete card can confirm this for me.

Install the latest Radeon Crimson/Crimson Relive drivers.

Put on a really colourful wallpaper in the background.

Go to Radeon settings -> Display -> Colour temperature -> Automatic

See what it does. You may say i am wrong, but there is a big noticable difference in the reds and blues of the wallpaper now, and that's without even hurting the white.

Can anyone elaborate on what's happening, and should i keep it this way?

Truth be told, the difference is somewhat like seeing an SuperAMOLED from Samsung after a cheap lcd display on a chinese android smartphone.

BTW, this is the laptop i used. HP-15-g000-Notebook-PC-series with AMD A8-6410 with R5 graphics.

Ill check rn

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

3 minutes ago, Onubhov said:

There's no colour temperature spot? 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

It didn't appear to make any difference on my main monitor, but on my secondary monitor it makes everything yellow-y.

8 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

It didn't appear to make any difference on my main monitor, but on my secondary monitor it makes everything yellow-y.

But it does on the primary display on my laptop. All of the colours are boosted.

Photos here..

IMG_0048[1].JPG

IMG_0049[1].JPG

Downloaded the pics, took them into the image editor, and there's no difference in the colors.

18 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Downloaded the pics, took them into the image editor, and there's no difference in the colors.

Those 2 were screenshots. won't see any difference in them. It is visible in the next 2 photos i took from my iPhone.

IMG_0048[1].JPG

IMG_0049[1].JPG

Edited by Onubhov
attachments