COMPUTER ON BUT NO MONITOR SIGNAL

snapshot16
Go to solution Solved by snapshot16,

thank you, even if it isn't exactly what i wanted to happen on my first build, we all make mistakes!, :(

Hello,

I just build my first pc, finished this morning. I plugged it into the monitor with the HDMI cable, turned it on and the monitor status changed from 'no cable' to 'no HDMI signal'. All of my system lights up, none of the LEDs on the motherboard that turn on when there is a problem are on, and on my motherboard there are 3 LEDs that show everything is booted up correctly, all three are on. I have taken out and put back in the graphics card twice, Ram once, tried to use onboard graphics, checked all cables are in, and it is still not working. Please help me!

CASE CLOSED

Does DVI work? Can you connect the monitor to other computers using HDMI fine?

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

I've tried 3 different monitors and they all do the same, I will try DVI if I can find a cable

shouldnt make a difference, but put the GPU in the topmost pcie 16x slot.

i also want to note that with those specs seeing a corsair VS makes me cringe. (but once again, that shouldnt cause this)

i do have to say your quite lacking cable management makes it easy to see if everything is plugged in :P

I undid all the cable managment trying to fix this problem, but thank you, also i changed the slot of the GPU when it started not to work, so that was not by choice

hang on, i caught it:

6 minutes ago, snapshot16 said:

CPU: i5 7500

Motherboard: ASUS z170-ar

you need a bios update to make those two like each other.

and for a bios update... you need a processor the mobo likes :P

You forgot the bios update lad, and you need a skylake processor before you can upgrade the bios. Otherwise it wont post. I wish there was like on the side type of processor that will ask you to upgrade the bios when you first start the computer if there isn't a compatible cpu detected.

The geek himself.

3 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

You forgot the bios update lad, and you need a skylake processor before you can upgrade the bios. Otherwise it wont post. I wish there was like on the side type of processor that will ask you to upgrade the bios when you first start the computer if there isn't a compatible cpu detected.

asus actually has a lot of boards that can update the bios with literally nothing in them but a power supply (and a usb stick with the bios update)

unfortunately this isnt one of them.

that aside, i'm very tempted to recommend to ask the retailer if returning the i5 7500 is an option, and getting a 6600k instead, for obvious reasons.

thank you, even if it isn't exactly what i wanted to happen on my first build, we all make mistakes!, :(