Anime recommendations

Yoo Song Won

So I just finished watching Re:Zero and it's probably one of the best experiences I've had ever and I'm looking for a new anime to watch with a similar style.

I've watched only a few anime properly like RWBY, Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, One Punch Man, Sword Art Online, Re:Zero, Attack On Titan and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and I love all of these to bloody bits. Well, the first half of SAO anyway, so my standards are pretty high.

I have watched a few episodes (3-50 episodes) of One Piece, Naruto and Fairy Tail and found that anime like the three aren't for me.

I prefer the anime to be fairly recent and new, good animation, fantasy based, not too long (Like One Piece), good mix between comedy and darkness (Very much like Re:Zero but full comedy like One Punch Man is fine) and most importantly, very good characters.

I've found that characters are very important for me when it comes to anime just in front of story so that's really, really important. All the anime I've watched are also heavily action based and consist of a fantasy world which I love to watch!

Another bonus would be if the anime is still going on and continuing like Attack on Titan this year so that I have more to be excited for! That would be swell!

Thanks guys and I hope to see some more really good anime in the future!

(Rem is best girl)

>SAO, RWBY, Legend of Korra, OP-man, Attack on Titan

>High standards

No but seriously, you might like Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night UBW. Both of them are pretty slow in the beginning though, but after a while they pick up steam.

You have quite a lot of material to watch as well. Two season of Fate/Zero, two seasons of F/SN:UBW and several movies (some of which are not out yet).

10 hours ago, LAwLz said:

>SAO, RWBY, Legend of Korra, OP-man, Attack on Titan

>High standards

No but seriously, you might like Fate/Zero and Fate/Stay Night UBW. Both of them are pretty slow in the beginning though, but after a while they pick up steam.

You have quite a lot of material to watch as well. Two season of Fate/Zero, two seasons of F/SN:UBW and several movies (some of which are not out yet).

Lol, I say high standards cuz I really, really enjoyed them, not because of their quality. I can't put up with something that I enjoy to a mediocre level, even if it's well made like The Walking Dead or something like that.

I'll check out Fate/Zero thanks!

Yu Yu Hakusho. That is all. Every character gets lots of attention and none of the main cast are forgotten or left behind. The series starts slow IMO, but once it gets to the second saga it's just plain AMAZING. I've binge watched the series many times and I love it more each time I do. The animation is great, the soundtrack is great, everything is great. Also, surprise, the english dub is PERFECT!

Give it a shot!

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

On 1/15/2017 at 7:59 AM, LAwLz said:

OP-man

That was awesome.   Did exactly what it set out to do, never pretended to be anything else.

Fate/Zero and Yu Yu Hakusho are definitely good recommendations.

If you're wanting (I'm assuming) action/shounen:

Gintama

Trigun

Rurouni Kenshin

Soul Eater

Claymore (although it really needed a second season)

Sora no Otoshimono

Vandread (Litterally men are from mars, women are from venus, interplanetary war)

Evangelion (Watch the series and end of eva movie before the rebuilds)

Inukami (I really like this one, a bit unusual for its time)

Mai HiME

Tenchi Muyo

Slayers (how every good D&D camping turns out)

Berzerk

Record of Lodoss War

Birdy the Mighty

Vampire Hunter D

Hellsing Ultimate (although like DBZ, Team Four Star's abridged is better than the original)

Full Metal Panic

Not really my main genre, but those are just what came off the top of my head, and in no particular order.

And yeah, the dub for Yu Yu Hakusho is good, same with Trigun and Rurouni Kenshin...most early-mid 1990's anime had decent dubs.  Really started to go down hill ~2000ish.  I personally think the moe thing is what kinda started to end good dubs...market (voice actors) kinda got too specialized towards that...and lets face it, even the Japanese have a hard time doing it well.