AMP For DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm

lukesterboy

Hi i've had my DT 770 Pros for about 4 months now i used to use them with my pc alot but recently due to a situation that has occurred i am playing more on console (ps4).

I have a modmic attached to my headphones and both the headphone and the modmic line go into a cheap little £5 usb soundcard and then that plugs into the ps4.

The problem i'm having is that the headphones are turned right up on the ps4 and are still quite quiet. If i'm not mistaken an amp should fix this problem for me right?

So i need an amp that will work with the ps4. Maybe i could run out of the optical of the ps4 into the amp/dac and still just use the mic on the usb soundcard thing.

So i need some recommendations for amp or amp/dac combos.

I have a budget of around £100 ($150) and need to be able to get it here over in the UK. I don't want to have to ship it over from the US if it is only available there.

Thanks

I just made thread a few days ago. My friend bought a Fiio E10K for his DT990 250ohms and its working great with the ps4.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT you can't plug in the mic into the amp/dac. Try get a mixamp if available? DT770 80ohms is pretty easy to drive actually so it should not be a problem.. on the plust side you can plug in your mic to the mixamp too.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

2 hours ago, nicobombai said:

I just made thread a few days ago. My friend bought a Fiio E10K for his DT990 250ohms and its working great with the ps4.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUT you can't plug in the mic into the amp/dac. Try get a mixamp if available? DT770 80ohms is pretty easy to drive actually so it should not be a problem.. on the plust side you can plug in your mic to the mixamp too.

OP already has a solution for the mic, so I don't think that's a concern, based on the OP.

My vote would be for a Schiit Fulla 2, since they're pretty awesome. They're right up on $100, not sure how much they are in Europe, but there are a couple of official distributors for Schiit gear over there.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

1 minute ago, KaminKevCrew said:

OP already has a solution for the mic, so I don't think that's a concern, based on the OP.

My vote would be for a Schiit Fulla 2, since they're pretty awesome. They're right up on $100, not sure how much they are in Europe, but there are a couple of official distributors for Schiit gear over there.

Ah yes, Schiit Fulla 2, get those OP.

Fiio E10K was an example from my perspective cos i cannot get schiit products here.

Cpu R5 1600 @3.7ghz - MB Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 - RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 @3000mhz - GPU Palit GTX 1070ti Dual - Storage Kingston FuryX 120GB SSD, WD 500GB Green HDD, Seagate 1TB HDD - PSU Seasonic X650 - Case Sharkoon S25-W - Display Zowie XL2411 - Peripherals Filco Ninja Browns, Zowie FK2 & Qck Hyperbeast Ed.

4 minutes ago, nicobombai said:

Ah yes, Schiit Fulla 2, get those OP.

Fiio E10K was an example from my perspective cos i cannot get schiit products here.

That's a shame. 

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

2 hours ago, KaminKevCrew said:

That's a shame. 

Yeah, living in SEA have its pros and cons. Will try to get them personally later tho, maybe the stack to make my desk look cool lol or just get fulla 2 :P

Ok thanks guys! I'm going to look around for the Fulla 2 here at a decent price then.

EDIT: Just thought how do I get sound out of the ps4 into the amp? What cables do I use? Also if I do manage to get the sound from the ps4 whether it be through USB or somehow else I think the PlayStation is going to treat the USB output as a headset and there for I'm guessing it won't let me have my mic in on another USB?

EDIT AGAIN: Actually forget what I'm saying. I can have one USB out to my small usb soundcard then the mic plugs into that and one headphones out from the USB soundcard to the amp and then back out to the headphones. One question. Should I get a more decent USB soundcard. Current one was only some £2 Chinese rubbish from ebay. Might be why I get low sound but it works.