Picking Parts

LilJimmy

So I did a build with suggestions that I've gotten,it is meant for gaming (FPS,RPG,MOBA) and video editing,here it is

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/R6TFYr

I went with the Asrock Z170 Pro4 because it was cheaper than the others and I don't know which motherboard is better. For the GPU I went with the 1050ti because it is said to be better for video editing? And the PSU I went with the EVGA 500B because it was cheap.

Any suggestions on which of those I should change, maybe theres a better motherboard with just an extra $10, a better GPU that is cheaper or the same price and a better PSU that I should not cheap out on.Do note that price are different from where I'm getting my parts from so suggestions within the price range would be a great help.

18 minutes ago, LilJimmy said:

And the PSU I went with the EVGA 500B because it was cheap.

Cheaping out on the psu is a nono.
If you dont mind a non-modular PSU(that 500b isnt modular anyway) this is a better one at tier 3 and only $7 more. Or cheaper if you're one of those people who doesn't bother with MIR's
Edit - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1161834-REG/sea_sonic_electronics_s12ii_520_bronze_ss_520g_s12ii_series_ss_520gb_active.html

Also if you're able to find a 470 that won't put you over budget, they offer better price to performance than the 1050ti.

Edit - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gt7CmG/xfx-radeon-rx-470-4gb-triple-x-video-card-rx-470p4sfd5 only $10 more than the 1050ti

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

I'd recommend seeing if you can snipe a good modular or semi-modular PSU. I have that exact PSU and there are so many wires cable management will be damn near impossible.

Otherwise that's a solid looking build, assuming you have an OS.

1 minute ago, infered5 said:

I'd recommend seeing if you can snipe a good modular or semi-modular PSU. I have that exact PSU and there are so many wires cable management will be damn near impossible.

Otherwise that's a solid looking build, assuming you have an OS.

The S340 has the handy little power supply shroud, he can just zip tie/wrap the unused cable length and shove it into there. :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

13 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Cheaping out on the psu is a nono.
If you dont mind a non-modular PSU(that 500b isnt modular anyway) this is a better one at tier 3 and only $7 more. Or cheaper if you're one of those people who doesn't bother with MIR's
Edit - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1161834-REG/sea_sonic_electronics_s12ii_520_bronze_ss_520g_s12ii_series_ss_520gb_active.html

Also if you're able to find a 470 that won't put you over budget, they offer better price/performance than the 1050ti.

Edit - https://pcpartpicker.com/product/gt7CmG/xfx-radeon-rx-470-4gb-triple-x-video-card-rx-470p4sfd5 only $10 more than the 1050ti

Well I couldn't find that PSU anywhere online where I'm from and I found the MSI Radeon Armor RX470 4G OC and ASUS Radeon ROG STRIX RX470 4G...Which do you think is better and do you know any other PSU? One's from EVGA or Corsair since those are the only ones that I could find

3 minutes ago, LilJimmy said:

Well I couldn't find that PSU anywhere online where I'm from and I found the MSI Radeon Armor RX470 4G OC and ASUS Radeon ROG STRIX RX470 4G...Which do you think is better and do you know any other PSU? One's from EVGA or Corsair since those are the only ones that I could find

A CX450M or CX550M would be good for your build.

The two cards will perform identically(when at the same clock speeds) so i'd say go for whichever is cheaper, or if there isn't much price difference, whichever you think looks nicer. If that happens to be the cheaper one then its a win-win :P 

Come on.

You need a much better PSU and GPU if you want to run things like FPS and RPG well.

I mean, your budget is $800.

5 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

A CX450M or CX550M would be good for your build.

The two cards will perform identically(when at the same clock speeds) so i'd say go for whichever is cheaper, or if there isn't much price difference, whichever you think looks nicer. If that happens to be the cheaper one then its a win-win :P 

Well I found a CX650M for the same price as the CX550M and both cards are the same price. Like I said prices are different from where I'm from... It's weird like some places sells an i5 6600k for about $700 and thats like my whole budget but thanks for the help???

5 minutes ago, AniJan said:

Come on.

You need a much better PSU and GPU if you want to run things like FPS and RPG well.

I mean, your budget is $800.

Well technically my budget is $700 but prices are different for me

Here is what I would do if the prices translate and you can afford it:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($188.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B150M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.97 @ Jet)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 8GB Red Devil Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1500 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ B&H)
Total: $789.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-11 19:39 EST-0500

Your original build spent way too much on CPU/motherboard/cooler and paired it with a sub-par (for the price range) GPU. You can actually get a much better build without skimping on anything if you go with a more balanced approach. An i5-6500 is still a great CPU, and you'll get better performance out of this combo than your original one.

13 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Here is what I would do if the prices translate and you can afford it:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($188.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: MSI B150M PRO-VDH Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($66.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($84.97 @ Jet)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ NCIX US)
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($54.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 480 8GB Red Devil Video Card  ($229.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 1500 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($44.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12II 520W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($49.99 @ B&H)
Total: $789.91
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-11 19:39 EST-0500

Your original build spent way too much on CPU/motherboard/cooler and paired it with a sub-par (for the price range) GPU. You can actually get a much better build without skimping on anything if you go with a more balanced approach. An i5-6500 is still a great CPU, and you'll get better performance out of this combo than your original one.

Oh ok but will it perform great when editing/rendering videos? I also picked those cpu/motherboard because it allows me to OC and have room to upgrade in the near future...

Rendering/Editing videos in proper GPU accelerated software has more to do with GPU than CPU these days.

However, if you really want that OC'able CPU and with a hard focus on CPU editing/rendering instead of GPU acceleration, you can get this:

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1230 V5 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($251.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H7 49.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Motherboard: ASRock E3V5 Performance Gaming/OC ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($135.98 @ Newegg)
Storage: ADATA Premier SP550 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($68.99 @ NCIX US)
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 470 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card  ($178.98 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $845.88
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-11 20:18 EST-0500

Note: that motherboard supports BCLK overclocking of Xeons, and that Xeon is a 4 core Skylake chip with hyper threading. This is basically an i7-6700k with Z170 motherboard setup for much cheaper. However overclocking ONLY works with that motherboard, and that CPU CANNOT be used in regular consumer chipset motherboards (h110, h170, z170 boards will NOT work with it).

If it were me, and gaming is the primary focus with CPU tasks important but secondary, I'd go with the first one I suggested. Also, I had to cut the large storage HDD to be added in later to make the price fit everything in the Xeon build.