I'm building a benchmark comparison site and need guinea pigs.

Method

This is a very early project, and I need some guinea pigs to help me, well, benchmark the site to make sure its working the way it's supposed to.

Basically, what I'm doing is building a platform to keep track of all your benchmarks. From cinebench to 3dmark, to view them later in an easy-to-read fashion, and also toh make comparisons to them. Right now you can only make comparisons to your own benchmarks. Later, I'll add functionality where you can create comparisons between yours and whomever else's benchmarks.

Right now, I have support for Cinebench (via a text field) Unigine Heaven (via an import file) and 3DMark (URL). It also requires that you add a CPUZ validation url (this gets hardware information and will eventually compare this with Heaven and 3dmark to make sure those benchmarks are for the same system)

What I'm looking from people is to see how the flow works for them (is it easy/straightforward to add a benchmark? create a comparison?), and to make sure my infrastructure is set up properly to handle multiple requests.

Step by step guide:
Run the benchmark(s) of your choice. You can run all 3 if you'd like. Get the URL's together.

1. Create an account at https://www.comparebench.com
  2. Go to 'Your Results' and add a benchmark.
  3. Input the Cinebench score you got, the URL for 3DMark, the URL for CPUZ validation, and upload a Heaven benchmark export file. You can do any number of these or all of them, but a CPUZ url is required.
  4. Wait until the crawls are complete (the results page will auto refresh)
  5. If your benchmark still says its processing after a couple minutes, an error may have happened. and I'm likely already looking at it. You can safely delete the benchmark.
  6. Post your benchmark URL here, and if you've made any comparisons, post those too.

I'll be putting any and all updates here, as well as on the Comparebench twitter page.

I'm entirely open to feedback too. Any suggestions you might have, things that annoy you about the site, please let me know. The layout of the benchmark page and comparison page are definitely slated for some updates too.
Thanks guys

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

3 minutes ago, Lacrimas said:

Your text is kinda not readable with dark theme on. 

Eh, not sure how to fix that. Tried changing font color to 'automatic', didn't change anything. Changing to white obviously makes it impossible to read for regular theme users...

CPU: Ryzen 5800X | GPU: RTX 3080 FE | Board: x570 Aorus Master | RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ | Case: Phanteks 719

Just now, Lacrimas said:

Have you typed this out somewhere else and then copy-pasted it in here, because formatting usually remains when you copy-paste from some other place?

Got it, thanks for the heads up :)

Can confirm fixed for night theme

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

Remind me to submit results later today (in about 8 hours. still at work right now)

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

5 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

uploaded, but it says I don't have a heaven score.

I'm not seeing any heaven import files. Are you sure it uploaded correctly?

4 minutes ago, Method said:

I'm not seeing any heaven import files. Are you sure it uploaded correctly?

An HTML file right?

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

An HTML file right?

Yeah, Unigine Heaven has an export feature when the benchmark completes. If there was an error uploading/crawling the file, the page should tell you...

1 minute ago, Method said:

Yeah, Unigine Heaven has an export feature when the benchmark completes. If there was an error uploading/crawling the file, the page should tell you...

I exported the file, and I didn't get an error. 

Just now, Megah3rtz said:

I exported the file, and I didn't get an error. 

No, I mean when you upload the file to Comparebench. If an error happened there, the page will tell you

1 minute ago, Method said:

No, I mean when you upload the file to Comparebench. If an error happened there, the page will tell you

yeah, I worded that very poorly. I exported the file. And I didn't get any errors when uploading it 

21 hours ago, Megah3rtz said:

yeah, I worded that very poorly. I exported the file. And I didn't get any errors when uploading it 

Found the problem and fixed it. Should be good to go :) 

I've added support for Private benchmark results. Selecting this option when creating a benchmark result will hide the result from all searches, but is accessible if a user has the ID of the result (is given a link to the result, for example)

Right now it has no bearing on Comparisons, but I will soon be adding a small popup when creating a comparison with a 'private' result, asking the user if they're sure they want to include that result. 

I'll also be adding support for private comparisons as well.

Screenshot from 2017-01-16 20:00:44.png