Customise your xbox one controller button mappings with Steam.

werto165

This has just been updated but if you're running on the lastest beta build of the steam client and you go into the steam big picture mode you can change your bindings for games, also if you happen to launch a game with it in big picture mode you can change it from a game to game basis.

So I pretty much only play rocket league with a controller but I do play it a lot with music, however to usually change songs I would use a shortcut on my mouse now I can use the guide and move the stick to the left or the right to change tracks, use the guide and the stick up/down to change volume. You can also set custom rules for the controller for example you can make it do something with a double click on the sticks or a long click or just a normal press, it has many many options. deadzone and whatnot but I don't really want to mess around with it. The beauty is that it's pretty much like the steam controller and bindings can be shared. I also like the addition on being able to control your mouse with it without the use of third party software which I've had issues with in the past.

Also, if you happen to try this and want to use the guide mode switch thing you have to go into the xbox app and turn on GameDVR, then use windows key and G and then go into the options and disable to guide I was having issues with that in windows 10. 

I haven't run into any issues so far but time will tell whether that's the case or not. 

"You can opt into the Steam beta client by going into the "Account" tab of your Steam settings, selecting "Change…" under the "Beta participation" section, and choosing "Steam Beta Update" from the dropdown menu. To make non-Steam controllers customizable, you'll need to enter Big Picture Mode, click the "Controller Settings" tab in the settings menu, then check the boxes to enable configuration support for whatever controller you are using. You can then choose a game, click "Manage Game," and then "Controller Configuration" to customize it to your heart's content." 

Source: http://www.pcgamer.com/steam-beta-update-makes-xbox-and-generic-x-input-controllers-customizable/ 

Untitled.png

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Hrm, I have Xbox 360 arcade sticks and digital gamepads, they don't work 100% with every game due to their Xinput Subtype.  I'll try this out in a bit.

Yes, this is good. While 'Arcade Stick' Xinput Subtype controllers work in 'Most' of my games, some have trouble with it and get confused by anything that isn't of the Gamepad subtype, this solves that problem nicely and it even remembers my controllers.

It will store unique mappings for each controller, even of the same type. I have two Madcatz Fightpads, one branded with Chun-Li on it and the other with Cammy, when asked, I gave each unique names and it remembers their names when I hot swap them in BPM.

I am SUPER pleased with this.